Mark Levinson LX470 speaker troubleshooting & upgrade questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

The 6.5" door speakers suddenly stopped working on my 2003 LX470 with the Mark Levinson sound system and I have a few questions:

1. Will one speaker dying stop the signal to the rest of the door speakers? And how would I determine this isn't an amp issue? The two tweeters still work as does the sub.

2. If it is a dead speaker, can I just replace one pair with an aftermarket set or do I have to do all four? Or even all tweeters and the sub as well?

3. What speakers can I get and keep using all the factory wiring? Are the speakers listed on Crutchfield as compatible truly compatible with the sound system? I really want something plug and play.

Hey all,

The 6.5" door speakers suddenly stopped working on my 2003 LX470 with the Mark Levinson sound system and I have a few questions:

1. Will one speaker dying stop the signal to the rest of the door speakers? And how would I determine this isn't an amp issue? The two tweeters still work as does the sub.

2. If it is a dead speaker, can I just replace one pair with an aftermarket set or do I have to do all four? Or even all tweeters and the sub as well?

3. What speakers can I get and keep using all the factory wiring? Are the speakers listed on Crutchfield as compatible truly compatible with the sound system? I really want something plug and play.
Are they dead regardless of the source (FM, AM, or CD)? I know it is an odd question but one of mine goes out sporadically on FM but works fine for CD. If yours is behaving similar you might want to start with the head unit....or just switch sources like me!

Are they dead regardless of the source (FM, AM, or CD)? I know it is an odd question but one of mine goes out sporadically on FM but works fine for CD. If yours is behaving similar you might want to start with the head unit....or just switch sources like me!
Yeah, I am only getting the tweeters and sub for FM, CD, and casette

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom