Mark Levinson amp removal 2005 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've read countless threads on replacing the mark levinson amp in lx470 and have located it under my passenger seat but the navigation makes it very difficult to get out. It seems necessary to take the entire seat out.

The touch screen says audio off when I click audio. I still hear beep when pressing buttons coming from the speakers. Just purchased vehicle and the owner has a spare amp in the back that he said needs replaced.

Anyone else experience this? The videos of amp removal i find online show the amp much more accessible. I believe these are vehicles without Nav

I recall removing the passenger seat when I took out the ML amp and sent it to United Radio in New York for repair in 2019. The seat comes out by removing the 4 bolts after removing the trim pieces. Sounds like the amp is bad. Is the spare amp a Mark Levinson which he bought and then gave to you with the sale?

tempImagencBdmz.jpg

Yeah i purchased it with ML amp part #86280-0W052. Thanks for the pic, my LX has the same layout with amp close to passenger door. Hopefully replacement solves problem

Access is easy and does not require complete removal of the passenger seat. Simply adjust the seat forward, remove the 4 bolts, then tilt the whole seat back so the base is elevated in the front. Unplug the wiring, lean the back of the front seat against the front of the back seat.

I just had mine rebuilt a 2nd time. Once due to flooding, second time for whatever else. You can remove and/or install it in about 15 minutes, including reassembly.

Access is easy and does not require complete removal of the passenger seat. Simply adjust the seat forward, remove the 4 bolts, then tilt the whole seat back so the base is elevated in the front. Unplug the wiring, lean the back of the front seat against the front of the back seat.

I just had mine rebuilt a 2nd time. Once due to flooding, second time for whatever else. You can remove and/or install it in about 15 minutes, including reassembly.
Thanks Mongoose. Amp replaced. Still says no audio on display but Nav and climate work. Sound from speaker for Nav. Will not allow me to go to radio/CD or anything. I ran diagnostics on display and amp check says ok

Audio fuse is all good

CODE: 1D3 and 380
Possibly the receiver needs to be replaced

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 10.21.10 AM.png

Your amp isn't totally dead then, I agree it could likely be elsewhere in the system.

I base this solely on knowing that a dead amp = no beeps. Take this with a grain of salt.

Pulled the trim and head unit off and there is a VAIS sound Linq 2 installed. I need to figure out the wiring harness and reinstall to factory. Thinking about purchasing VLINE grom vs BT45-TOY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom