SOLD Marietta, GA May 1971 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Uncle Sam is really sticking it to me this year so after filing my taxes this week, I have decided I must sell my beloved 40. I bought it almost a year ago and have spent a lot of time and money to make it mechanically sound, with plans to focus on the body later (enjoy the scars for now). I now have it where it is extremely dependable, starts right up, rides beautifully and is a joy to drive. I do have hard doors for it, but no hard top - only a family bikini top. The body is not in great shape, but does the job. The frame has surface rust but is completely solid.

Work I have done includes....

- new windshield and seal
- ConFerr bumper mounted took box
- Removed wire harness and patched a bunch of mess the PO made
- OEM radiator and all coolant hoses.
- OEM water pump and thermostat housing
- new alternator
- new fj80 master cylinder
- new fuel pump
- new battery
- new starter
- carb just rebuilt by Mark
- new headers and complete exhaust system'
- new OEM steal wheels and hub caps
- 33 x 10.5 BFG KM3s with maybe 1000 miles on them, includes a matching spare
- new Downey 4 inch lift springs with Bilstein shocks
- new greasable shackles front and rear
- JT Outfitters front disc brake conversion
- BMW e30 seats replaced the worn out bench
- converted from column to floor shift 3 speed
- new OEM hazard and headlight switch
- center console made from vintage Edison battery box
- custom built factory roll cage with family bikini top
- new brake lights
- Conferr receiver hitch
- new rear drive shaft ujoint
- new rear brake cylinders and shoes
- new OEM fuel tank and sender
- new 3 point seat belts in front
- rebuilt steering box
- rebuilt center arm
- new front bumper
- new SOR front floor mat
- new hi/lo beam button
- new OEM fuse block

I am asking $14k OBO for it.

- Farrell

more pics can be found here.

IMG_1088.jpg
IMG_1089.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1092.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty clean....GLWS!

Solid rig here! GLWS

I took a couple videos for a potential buyer so thought I would share them here.

Great looking rig – GLWS. Question: did you have the family cage built locally? I'm in Atlanta too and am looking for something similar (quasi-OEM looking but safer for kiddos in the back). Thanks!

Out driving today and it sounds like the throwout bearing is starting to chirp,l so ordered a new clutch kit for the new owner! Oh, and also dropping my asking price! $14k OBO

Gotta ask , how did you come up with the licence plate?

The truck is still here. Please, if you are interested and want to come look at it and take it for a test drive, please clear it with the wife first. I have had 3 deals on the table that got killed because it had not already been cleared by the wife and she squashed it.

Such a sweet truck and a great price! All the hard work is done! Looks like it’s one to buy and drive! GLWS!

Such a sweet truck and a great price! All the hard work is done! Looks like it’s one to buy and drive! GLWS!

Thank you Ocho. Everyone that has driven it has been complimentary, (and somewhat surprised) of how well it drives. She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she is the one that will stay up all night with you to hit every after party. She cranks with every first turn of the key and cruises really nice.

The truck is still here. Please, if you are interested and want to come look at it and take it for a test drive, please clear it with the wife first. I have had 3 deals on the table that got killed because it had not already been cleared by the wife and she squashed it.

this is so true!! I gave up trying to sell my 69, for several reasons, but mostly because a dude would always be excited, then the wife would say no way. I also started making sure they had money before showing it. Amazing how people want to test drive but have no money. I’m always happy to have guys come over and talk cruisers, just got tired of the song and dance of selling.
GLWS looks like a great rig and the front bumper is killer ;)

I have sold many different vehicles over the years and have never experienced the wife-power like I have with this fj40.

One of my favorite currently for sale 40s..... slick what you did with the roll bar! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom