March Trip: Gulches ORV Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
All,

If you weren't at the Meet and Greet this past weekend we announced our March Ride as Gulches ORV park in Laurens, SC. Laurens is just southeast of Greenville/Spartanburg, SC and about a 4.5 hour drive from Raleigh, closer for the Triad and Queen City groups.
I've spoken with our president, and he will head this group up. I'm going to see if anyone from UC is going to be there that weekend, and might show us the ropes around.
I'm choosing for the group to go 21-22Mar2009. The following weekend, 28MAR2009 is the Gulches Head to Head 4x4 Challenge, so it could be busy, but it may interest those who would like to make this trip. Unless there is strong opposition to the 21-22 of March, we will set the trip for that weekend. I hate for you guys to get down there, and not have a place to stay, because everyone has scarfed up the campsites. I hear there isn't much around, unless you go back into the Greenville/Spartanburg area.

Info:
Hours: 10am to dusk on Sat., 11am to 6pm
Cost: $20 a truck/driver + $5 membership fee
$5 for Riders Riverside Camping is $10, with a $20 security deposit

What should work is for the Triangles meet up with the Triads somewhere on 85, then pick up the Queens further down. We can iron this out later.

If you have any questions or advice, please let me know.

Brian Keefer
ONSC Events Coordinator

Keep an eye on the website for further information. Sign ups for all rides will eventually be done on:
Welcome to ONSC!

Post up interest anywhere, or email me.

Attachments

• Map_of_Gulches.pdf
    300.4 KB · Views: 165
So are we planning to drive down Friday night or Saturday morning? The only reason I ask is that it looks like you pay by the day, so if we want to get a full day of wheeling in it would be better to head down Friday, wheel all Saturday, and head home Sunday morning. If they will let us wheel Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning as one full day, then that would be fine too. I don't want to complicate things, just throwing that out for consideration...

I was going to leave that up to Greg, but since Gulches doesn't open until 10am, I thought leaving early Sat. morning could work.

If the new upgrades to the cruiser go smoothly, all the rinky-dink issues are solved, and nothing else fubar's before this...count me in FOR SURE!!!

Is anyone from the Charlotte area planning to make this ride?

No can do on this one for me guys. Saving my PTO and cash for OBX and GSMTR. Have fun. Good work on all the planning Brian!

Rats! If it's not raining I'm scheduled to be on Edisto for Troll's BBQ competition and camping/meeting with some Low Country Chapter Cruisers.
If it rains I'll come to Gulches and watch you guys tear up stuff. I'm leaving my road/sand tires on until after a Hatteras or Carolina Beach trip Spring Break. [Anybody want to join that? Hijack off]
Beware the Gulches mud! Wash it off before it becomes concrete. Ask me how I know.
b

I am out but hoping to start putting mine back together by the weekend. A little more painting and cleaning and then back together.

You guys have fun. Also if things go well, I will be adding phrogger's 1991 80 series to the family by this weekend for my 18 year old daughter, she is very exited...and so am I.

Brad

I'm planning to go as long as I'm not the only one.:rolleyes:

i'm going to pass on this one too and keep plugging away on the cruiser mods.

Drew here from UC - I was planning on going this weekend but it looks like rain for the next few days... I'll plan on joining you guys on the 21st. Let me know if anyone needs a place to crash as I live about 30mins north of Gulches.

I was planning on making this but I was just reminded that I have to help a friend move that day.

Thanks for the invite Drew! I'll let you know what part of our crew is going and what time they'll be at Gulches...

Post up if you're going...

We are planning to start truck safety inspections on this trail ride. Here is a link to the TLCA requirements.

Vehicle Inspection Requirements

ONSC has the additional requirement that each truck have a FRS/GMRS two-way radio.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to PM or email me and we can discuss.

alright well I'm back and am trying to figure out who may be going, if the turnout is only going to be 2 or 3 I would like to consider maybe a closer alternative. The 80 is going to be down here shortly for a little while and if postponed I planned to start on things a bit earlier.

Thoughts? Clint I saw your other post what are your plans?

Thoughts? Clint I saw your other post what are your plans?

I tend to agree, if it's only the three of us then I would rather try something else or cancel. I've been wanting to make a day trip down to Carolina Beach and this could be an opportunity.

I could be down for a CB trip. I will be down there for a funeral late this week and would make a weekend out of it.

Weather looks to be sunny and in the upper 50's this Saturday.

Let's go to Carolina Beach Saturday morning. I can likely only make a long day trip out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom