March ROTM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a chance for the thrill 3 weeks ago after monitoring the USGS water data. Stock fj80 with 30" made it fine over the crossings, however they opened the dam and the undercurrent coming back was sketchy at the last crossing. Phil is right...once you get to the bridge, be aware of the final dip towards the end. The sand bar slightly shifted and the line I normally took is no longer the line to take, lol. I learned that pretty quick after the hood submerged itself right before the exit to other side. I pulled back and didn't go any further(no snorkel) I can't upload the video of the first crossing but PM me your email if you want to get an idea of the crossing. With the current weather, runoff's are low and shouldn't be a problem for anyone to cross. Just monitor water levels/dam activity online. I'm actually heading up there this Saturday for the day to patch up the spring with some Quikrete. It's leaking and was low but still very nice and warm!

Which route do you guys take there? Last time I was there I took Table Mesa Road East to Cave Creek and then North to Bloody Basin. I know you can just take Bloody Basin all the way as well.

The last 3 days SRP posted Horseshoe release at 3600, almost 10X higher than I have seen in the past.:eek:

Im going out this morning to see what 3600 looks like and will post pictures of my findings.
The snorkel may come in handy

The last 3 days SRP posted Horseshoe release at 3600, almost 10X higher than I have seen in the past.:eek:

Im going out this morning to see what 3600 looks like and will post pictures of my findings.

IMG_4389.JPG
IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4386.JPG

Hi Kirk - are you thinking of overnighting on the 19th? The 20th is a Sunday.
Yes overnight on the 19th, and I'm bringing Cinder so I am saying yes to Dog Friendly :)

What are your thoughts Phil do-able without a snorkel? I was going to prerun this trail Saturday to check it out.

Yes overnight on the 19th, and I'm bringing Cinder so I am saying yes to Dog Friendly :)

What are your thoughts Phil do-able without a snorkel? I was going to prerun this trail Saturday to check it out.

Unless the flow slows its not going to be possible even with a snorkel.

From SRP web site - Horseshoe Lake Release 3,600

I'm out for this one. Kitchen remodel sucking up all our time. :(

We should be in, with dog. Going in from I-17?

I'm in for this one.. may be bringing a buddy with me from Cali in his Tacoma. If you guys don't mind. But with the water levels up is this still a go?

I'm in with the kids. Is there a work around the questionable water? I've never been there before.

If you take Bloody Basin or Table Mesa to Cave Creek to Bloody Basin you don't have to cross the river. I think you only have to cross if you take Horseshoe Dam Rd.

I bought a corned beef brisket for this run. Any thoughts on how to cook it on the manifold?:hillbilly:

Best thing is to pre-cook it and heat it up on the trail

Is this the "hot tub" for sheep bridge?

Also, can you post up the GPS on this? As I'm not sure which trail your doing as there are so many good ones in this area. Is this trail also known as FR41 or Table Mesa Road?

Sorry for leaving some of you hanging, I'm pre-running this tomorrow morning to check it out, please standby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom