March ROTM Official 3/21 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Meet at 4 sons gas station on Carefree Hwy and I-17 at approximately 9:45. Gas station is located one light East of the 17 on Carefree.

From the help of medtro, these will be the way points we will be following.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/1112-4wd-the-crown-king-trail/

What i would like to do, is stop halfway through the trail, either near the hot springs mansion place or in crown king and hang out for an hour or so, shoot the s***, eat, etc... and then run through cleater, and back on to the 17 home. If I recall correctly, the trip from gas station meetup to north valley is about 5-6 hours. Super scenic, not much difficulty, except for side trails, but the weather is perfect for this type of run.

Nick

Edit: Yes, I wake up late, hence the start time.

I'm planning on going. It's a great trail.

Sounds like fun... should be able to make this. :steer:

How stocker friendly? I know there are some more challenging side trails, but what about the main trail?

Main trail should be fine for stock as I remember. The obstacles are not stocker friendly though haha.

Just took a new Jeep Cherokee to CK a couple months ago; NOT the trailhawk, and it did just fine, even on some of the side trails. So stock LC will find it easy.

Main trail is stocker-friendly

Okay, it looks like I am 100% in for this one! Hoping for a decent turn out.

Looks like I will have a friend coming along with in her new Tacoma.

As the newbie, I am nearly certain I have a commitment from the wife on this one.

I am torn as to which LC to drive. I am probably headed right to Flagstaff after the run to meet up with the family.

Do I drive:
1991, 2003 or the 2014?

Yes, I have an issue (or two).

The rain might make this trail very interesting?

I am torn as to which LC to drive. I am probably headed right to Flagstaff after the run to meet up with the family.

Do I drive:
1991, 2003 or the 2014?

I haven't been on the trail in many years I do remember while stock friendly there was still a chance of AZ pinstripping. If that is the case I would go 2003. Not as new as the 2014 but a better vehicle then the 91 for a trip to Flagstaff after. Curious from Crown King which would be the best way heading north. Towards Prescott and then 169 to interstate 17 of just down the hill to Bloody Basin?

Do I drive:
1991, 2003 or the 2014?

^^ The 2014 because I need to see one on the trail! I'm thinking of getting a 200 for the wife and ditching the 100.

Do I drive:
1991, 2003 or the 2014?

I too wish I had that problem of choosing what to take but thats a good problem. Don't know how my corolla would do - lol ----- When you got money you can do these things - lol

Last edited:
I rained it a bit when murf, fumann, and I ran it last time. It was great because there was no dust.

Something about a semi damp, not muddy, dust free trail that adds another level of enjoyment to a trail run. Looks like youll have the same this Saturday ~ :clap:

Something about a semi damp, not muddy, dust free trail that adds another level of enjoyment to a trail run. Looks like youll have the same this Saturday ~ :clap:

Even more so when your in a non A/C FJ40 on a warm day and your not leading the pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom