Events/Trails March ROTM - March 21, 2020 - Montana Mountain (Redux) - Officially Cancelled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheGrrrrr

GOLD Star
Threads
March ROTM Details

Date: Saturday - March 21, 2020 Cancelled

Trail: Montana Mountain - Counter Clockwise - Stocker Friendly, Water Crossings Likely (<12 Inches), low risk of pin striping.

Agenda:

8:00am - Meet up at the Circle K just inside Superior city limits (1113 US-60, Superior, AZ 85173) to fuel up, grab snacks and roll call.

8:30am - Proceed to 33°16'59.7"N 111°09'55.9"W (Parking lot at 60/Arboretum Way) for air down, comms check and staging.

Comms: Having a radio is not required. For those who have it, HAM Radio (146.640 MHz) will be primary, if anyone has extra handhelds they might come in handy. I should have CB (Ch. 15) as well.

Etiquette: I would encourage everyone to use their rearview mirrors: If you lose sight of the person behind you, slow or stop until they are back in view. If everyone does this, we will stay together and ensure nobody gets separated from the group.

Weather: TBD

Plan: Have fun, don't get lost, make a few stops, have a trailside snack or some lunch, keep a leisurely pace and enjoy the ride.

Must Haves: Patience, this is my first time leading a run.

Roll Call:
  1. @TheGrrrrr
  2. @Cruiserhiggs
  3. @avicado
  4. @cooziecup
  5. @verruckt1
  6. @Mattman is "Tentative"
  7. @cartercd
  8. @Sheppard is a "Maybe"
  9. @Otter is a "Maybe"
  10. How about you?

Attachments

• montana-mountain-prerun.gpx
    359.9 KB · Views: 301
  • montana-mountain-prerun.kml
    104.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I’m in

I'll have to miss this one. Taking the boy to Monster Jam that Sunday.

In

Sounds like fun. Please mark me down as Tentative. Hopefully I'll see more improvement by then but the injuries from my recent car accident dictate my daily activity level. With that being said...anyone camping?:)

Great trail!

Damn... I am stuck at the shop from 10-3 that day.

I'm in.

I am in.
This will be my first meetup and ride with the CSC. Look forward to meeting everyone. I’ve learned a ton from this forum to help maintain and trouble shoot my rig.
-Marc

Officially, I'm canceling the March ROTM due to the new guidelines for pubic gatherings. I'm a firm believer in the notion that you shouldn't do anything you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the newspaper. As this event could be regarded as an official club event, there is no benefit to putting the club or its members at risk of contracting/spreading the virus or inviting scrutiny/condemnation for being reckless. While I believe this is a low-risk activity, its not a zero-risk activity and cancelling is the right thing to do.

That said, as of this moment I am still planning to get out out on the trail Saturday and plan to keep the same schedule. As the week goes on that may change or I may decide to do something closer to home like 4 Peaks. Anyone that wants to join is welcome, but I probably won't be stopping for socializing/eating a meal on the trail.

Officially, I'm canceling the March ROTM due to the new guidelines for pubic gatherings. I'm a firm believer in the notion that you shouldn't do anything you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the newspaper. As this event could be regarded as an official club event, there is no benefit to putting the club or its members at risk of contracting/spreading the virus or inviting scrutiny/condemnation for being reckless. While I believe this is a low-risk activity, its not a zero-risk activity and cancelling is the right thing to do.

That said, as of this moment I am still planning to get out out on the trail Saturday and plan to keep the same schedule. As the week goes on that may change or I may decide to do something closer to home like 4 Peaks. Anyone that wants to join is welcome, but I probably won't be stopping for socializing/eating a meal on the trail.

The correct call... bit darnit you're getting screwed on setting up a ROTM.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/index.html

If there is minimal or moderate spreadpdf icon in your community:

If there is substantial spread in your community:

• Cancel events of any size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom