March Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jonharis

Adventure Imports
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
All-
The time is overdue for a monthly meeting. With spring in the air and temperatures rising, it's time to get out there! John F. has been generous enough to once again open the doors to his shop and stoke the woodstove for the March Meeting. The meeting will be at 6:30pm, Wednesday, March 5 at 2299 E Road in the Redlands. John will talk about his FJ40 restoration and Ace will be discussing his multi-month Baja trip.! We will also be discussing this year's trips so it's an important one to be at. Feel free to bring a dish to share.

Membership dues will be collected and are the same as last year. $30 per person or $50 for a driving couple. Business memberships are $60. If you know of a business that would like to be involved, please forward this email to them. We are going to re-design the website this year and will have a page for our supporters. Cash or Check made out to "Book Cliff Cruisers"

You can also mail your checks to:

Book Cliff Cruisers
P.O. Box 985
Clifton, Colorado 81520

"Talk about his FJ40 restoration"?????
At the rate he's going, John will be offering rides!

I'll be there with a report of my 66 day adventure in Baja. I'll do my best to not bore y'all to death. Photo is not a typical gas station but still an important one. Way too many miles between some of the PEMEX stations. Lots of spare gas is essential. I was carrying 13 extra but it was not enough for my planned route.

Ace

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1392950368.234717.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1392950191.783687.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1392950191.783687.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1392950368.234717.jpg

What are going to do about camping at CM 14? Most of us agree that Slickrock is not slick. How about we throw in with the Safari LTD crew? I'm really not found of hitting the highway after a few beers but then neither do I like caterpillars crapping in my drinks/food. Let's decide at the meeting.

Ace

...via IH8MUD app

My wife and i are taking our camper and are considering the Spanish Trails campground on the south end of town. Camped there before and it was clean and no critters. CruiseMoab actually headquartered there years ago due to complaints about the cotton, critters and uncleanliness of the Slickrock Campground. That was the year when I stayed there also.

Ace, after taking in that "special" petromix in Baja, have you considered changing out your fuel filter?

I don't think the gas is dirty but even so I have to drop the tank to get to the filter. But maybe it's a good idea as I seem to be getting poor mileage.

...via IH8MUD app

I have no personal experience there but have heard and read several articles over the years about less than clean petrol south of the border. Same thing overseas and have even seen recomendations to "filter" the petrol somehow before its dumped into your tank. I have used old white t-shirts when draining fuel tanks just to see how much junk comes out of old Cruiser and Mini truck tanks. You may be surprised.

How about a head count for this meeting? It's been a long time since our last meeting in November and it would be great to see a lot of faces old and NEW. Please invite anyone you know who drives a Toyota or Lexus 4x4. Yes, I'll be there.

Ace

2008 FJ Cruiser expedition ready and overland trailer w RTT.

New guy here, I'm interested in attending the meeting. My name is Kyle, my family and I just moved back to GJ from northern Minnesota. I'm looking forward to getting plugged in and meeting some fellow Toyota/cruiserheads.

...via IH8MUD app

Should be there, probably sans Pig. It's going in Monday for some exterior touch up. Depending on weather, might drive the Porsche. Also have some parts for John.

New guy here, I'm interested in attending the meeting. My name is Kyle, my family and I just moved back to GJ from northern Minnesota. I'm looking forward to getting plugged in and meeting some fellow Toyota/cruiserheads. ...via IH8MUD app

Welcome Kyle! We look forward to meeting you!

Ace, do you have any of your pics or videos you want to show on a big screen at the meeting? If so, we can use our big screen tv to show them. Let me know.

Ace, do you have any of your pics or videos you want to show on a big screen at the meeting? If so, we can use our big screen tv to show them. Let me know.

I will get them on a DVD prior to the meeting. Right now there are over 500 shots but I will work that down to a manageable number. Thanks for the offer.

Great meeting all! Thanks to the 12+dog that attended! And huge thanks to John and his lovely wife for opening their home! We started putting dates on the calender so check out the 2014 calender sticky. Remember, this is your club and we want/need you to choose the trails that we run. The time is now to put dates on the calender so that people can plan. If interested in leading a run, put it out there in that thread. I'll add it to the first post and you can start planning it in a new thread. We had some great ideas for places to visit this year so keep em coming!

john's truck is coming along great and it was nice to finally see it in person! I can't wait to see it on the road.

Jim, thanks for the brews! Galen, thanks for the awesome enchiladas!

Ace. Your Baja slideshow has finally solidified my intention to take my family down there next year. I am going to shoot for a month trip in Nov/Dec. Maybe we can get some club members involved. Great photos. and story!

All, thanks again. I look forward to another great year of wheeling, camping and story telling! :cheers:

My thanks too to all of the above. Nice seeing a new face join us; Kyle. Welcome to BCC and we hope to see that 80 on lots of runs.

Sounding like a parrot, but please step up and volunteer to lead a run somewhere in 2014. It can be anything from a 1/2 day cruising coffee to a week long expedition.

Hey guys- couldn't make the meeting, but I wanted to say, "I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! WE NEED TO HIT THE TRAIL!!!!" Who's up for a ride?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom