March Club Run: Red Rock Canyon - Last Chance Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Test just to visit Hawaii and not potential exposure, right? Gotta ask as I'm in a high risk category. I am getting my first vaccination tomorrow morning.
Yes, the test is only for travel purposes. I already have both Phisar vaccine shots over a month ago, so I’m bullet-proof now. Rest assured, I’m having the test only to satisfy flying requirement to Hawaii not due to possible exposure. If I don’t get the test within 72 hours of my flight, then we need to quarantine on the island for 10 days, That would not be much fun.

Awesome. I just got shot #1 of Phizer this morning.

Hi everyone. New guy here. I got to meet a few on the group run today and got some awesome pictures taken! Looks like an awesome group including the Lexus' and 4runners. Was wondering if you guys had an active Facebook page or anything to help keep in the loop for events or anything!

What a day on Last Chance Canyon! Great day leading Joe!!!
Lots of fun! Winds were howling Friday night and all day Saturday so cut short the weekend.

Glad I did! Jared and Virginia were having a battery light come on and off so I agreed to caravan home with them Saturday to south OC. Not one mile on pavement and Jared radios back that his truck was dying. We pulled to the side of the 14 totally exposed to howling cold winds with a dead Lexus. Battery was at 9v. Short story, after a good 2.5 hours waiting on AAA, we got their truck towed up to a Toyota dealership in Ridgecrest. That was 8:30. The three of us headed south and got home about 1am! What a day. Most important, they are both home safely. Now the wait to see what the issue is with the truck. Battery pretty sure and perhaps the alternator? Regardless, it means a trip back to Ridgecrest for them sometime next week. Fingers crossed that it's not to expensive a repair.

Crappy cellphone pic of view from campsite Friday afternoon.

18029.jpeg

The V notch in last chance was fun. I can away with oh a so slight body scrape on the driver side so now it matches the passenger scrape I got on the Rubicon! If anyone got pics of me in it let me know thanks! Will post what I have which is not much.

IMG_20210320_201027_282.jpg

PXL_20210320_220709027.jpg

PXL_20210320_192553131.jpg

PXL_20210320_184544108.MP.jpg

Hi All,

I had a great time on Saturday with everyone. Unfortunately just as I got back on the Highway to follow Brent back to OC, my truck did die. At least it made it back the road right?

Brent was a trooper and sat with my wife and I for a few hours while we waited for the tow and made sure we both got back safe.

BIGGEST shoutout to Brent! :clap:

The word from Toyota appears to be a bad alternator as a culprit --- what are you going to do? Darn electronics.

So I'll have my cruiser back in a few days and all will be well.

In a time like that, one can really appreciate the great group of people we have in this club.

Hi All,

I had a great time on Saturday with everyone. Unfortunately just as I got back on the Highway to follow Brent back to OC, my truck did die. At least it made it back the road right?

Brent was a trooper and sat with my wife and I for a few hours while we waited for the tow and made sure we both got back safe.

BIGGEST shoutout to Brent! :clap:

The word from Toyota appears to be a bad alternator as a culprit --- what are you going to do? Darn electronics.

So I'll have my cruiser back in a few days and all will be well.

In a time like that, one can really appreciate the great group of people we have in this club.
Thanks for the update on the truck and kind words. Glad it was 'only' the alternator. PITA to have to drive all that way and back to pick if up tho!

Hi everyone. New guy here. I got to meet a few on the group run today and got some awesome pictures taken! Looks like an awesome group including the Lexus' and 4runners. Was wondering if you guys had an active Facebook page or anything to help keep in the loop for events or anything!
Hi Stoken4r (Brent?) - It was great to have you along on our run! No Facebook presence, but we try to keep our club website socallandcruisers.com up to date with our club run and meeting schedules. I've also been encouraging everyone to check-in here occasionally (especially before any planned runs!) for any last minute changes or updates. I also posted a few photos on our Instagram account @socaltlca.

Best wishes!

What a day on Last Chance Canyon! Great day leading Joe!!!
Lots of fun! Winds were howling Friday night and all day Saturday so cut short the weekend.

Glad I did! Jared and Virginia were having a battery light come on and off so I agreed to caravan home with them Saturday to south OC. Not one mile on pavement and Jared radios back that his truck was dying. We pulled to the side of the 14 totally exposed to howling cold winds with a dead Lexus. Battery was at 9v. Short story, after a good 2.5 hours waiting on AAA, we got their truck towed up to a Toyota dealership in Ridgecrest. That was 8:30. The three of us headed south and got home about 1am! What a day. Most important, they are both home safely. Now the wait to see what the issue is with the truck. Battery pretty sure and perhaps the alternator? Regardless, it means a trip back to Ridgecrest for them sometime next week. Fingers crossed that it's not to expensive a repair.
Brent, as club president, I can't thank you enough for unselfishly hanging out with Jared & Virginia, and ensuring both they and their Cruiser were adequately cared for. Also, your presence as "tailgunner" on the run was invaluable in keeping such a large group (16 rigs!) together on the trail. You embody all the best that a club has to offer to it's members. Kudos to you, my friend!

Thank you sir! We'll never ever leave anyone behind! 16 rigs was a GREAT turnout and we kept moving pretty well through Last Chance with such a large group! Lots of new faces and a MB Gwagon too!!!

Hi Stoken4r (Brent?) - It was great to have you along on our run! No Facebook presence, but we try to keep our club website socallandcruisers.com up to date with our club run and meeting schedules. I've also been encouraging everyone to check-in here occasionally (especially before any planned runs!) for any last minute changes or updates. I also posted a few photos on our Instagram account @socaltlca.

Best wishes!
Zac. Thanks. I'll be checking you guys out there and also be here watching for all the events. Happy wheeling!

Just made the run to Ridgecrest and back to get the truck. We are back in business!
Another successful club run put to rest with the last truck home safely!! Yahoo!!!! At least you had a beautiful day for the drive.

Last edited:
Can I join the club and maybe participate in the april outing?

Can I join the club and maybe participate in the april outing?
You are welcome to come along on a run or to a meeting without first joining the club. After that, if the club feels like a good fit for you then go ahead and join.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom