March 7 Ride, Sparta, TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Southerns 1 st Quarter meeting is March 7 at Golden mountain OHV Park, I plan to go over Friday night and stay through Sunday, here is the info:
"SFWDA 1st quarter meeting is being held at Golden Mountain Park in Sparta TN. It is being hosted by Cumberland Off-Road and Golden Mountain Park. It will be held on March 7th. The meeting will be held at 9 am Central time at the park. There will be snacks at the meeting for those that might be hungry. After the meeting there will be rides. We will offer guided rides for those that want a guide and there will be open riding for those that just want to ride on their own. As many of us know that the meetings are for everyone, but for those that choose not to attend the meeting, we will offer riding during that time as well, but will not be guided. When you do not attend a meeting, you miss out on what is going on and this is a chance to speak up and be part of an organization that cares about the sport and is working very hard at keeping areas open for the future. This is the opportunity to voice your concerns about what has been going on and get informative information.
There is plenty of parking for whatever you bring. There is also a Moto-x track for anyone that wants to bring a dirt bike or 4 wheeler (maybe your kids are more into that). There is also some covered pavilions that are available (for a fee) as well as a playground for the little ones. There is also a pond. Another added feature that we have are REAL Bathrooms, not the usual port-a-potties that we are all use to.
The standard day and weekend fees will still apply to all that will be riding. The fees are as follows: 1 day riding is $20 for driver and vehicle, $5 per passenger over 12. If you choose to ride for 2 days, the 2nd day is only $15 for drivers and passengers are still $5. Camping is available for FREE, but there are no electrical hook-ups, but there is running water. For those that would prefer to camp at the local hotels, there are plenty to choose from in Cookeville and all are about 10 minutes to the park.
If you are attending the meeting only, then we will not charge you, but if you stay and ride with someone that has an empty seat, then we ask that you pay the rider fee.
Park will open Friday afternoon for those that want to come early and those that want to camp. Night riding is permitted at this park as this is when the owners get the chance to ride. There are all different levels of riding for everyone, and plenty of places to watch the hard stuff.
Here are brief directions to the park. From I-40 take exit 288 in Cookeville, head South on HWY 111 (which is the road at that exit) towards Sparta, go about 9 miles to O’Conner exit. Be Very careful on Hwy 111 as the speed changes a lot and they do like writing tickets. Turn left, cross over Hwy. 111 until you reach the crossroads. Go straight across Roberts Matthews Hwy, travel on Walnut Grove Road approximately 1/2 mile. Turn right on Walter Stone Road, travel approximately 1/4 mile, bear right onto Golden Mountain Road. The park entrance will be at the bottom of the hill on your left.
For those who would rather get their own directions, the address is 6338 Golden Mountain Road, Sparta TN. 38583. The phone # to the park is 931-644-9917 and the web is IH8MUD Banner Advertising For anyone wanting more information on the park, please give them a call. "

I am heading over to the shop to finish working on cruiser, then loading up my cruiser and Todds and going to Golden Mountain to camp tonight and tomorrow night and ride Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see some of you all there.

Golden Mtn Pics

A couple of pics from the weekend:

IMG_0749.jpg

Lots of rigs showed up Saturday morning prior to the meeting

IMG_0752.jpg

Nice spot for buggies to take on some hard core obstacles

IMG_0764.jpg

Some guy trying to take an Explorer down a moderate trail :D

IMG_0760.jpg

trail 8, which required turning around after I could not make it passed an obstacle

We had a good time at Golden Mtn. It is a neat new park with lots of possibilities for events. The trails were overall harder than the ratings stated IMO. . . (obviously because the owners are all buggy guys) The meeting went well also provided me with a greater understand of the Tellico struggle. I'm sure this will be discussed in great detail in one of the groups next meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom