March 28th, 29th & 30th Coyote/Sheep Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys: You are invited to join your friends for another beautiful spring weekend in
Anza Borrego March 28-30th.

Friday March 28th
Meeting: 10-11:00 am at the Anza Borrego Springs Visitor Center.

Anza-Borrego Desert SP
200 Palm Canyon Drive
Borrego Springs, CA 92004

Visiting the Park

Friday 28th- I plan to tour the AB visitor center with the family and get the low down on the best areas to visit the remaining flowers. So far Coyote and Henderson Canyons are still the place to go. Later on we will run Coyote, set up camp in Sheep and explore the surrounding areas.

Saturday 29th-The Friday night campers who choose, will go down the mountain and meet the Saturday morning group if any, at the XL at appx. 9:30am, then come back up to Sheep so they may set up camp.

Morning/Afternoon-Hike to upper Coyote Oasis, explore Cougar and Horse Canyons or head off to other agreed upon areas for wild flower viewing and some fun trail blazing.

Saturday night potluck with apple cobbler and Grand Marnier' for dessert.

Sunday 30th- Open for anything.

CB Channel 34
Scott's Cell 949 235-1494

Last edited:
Weekend Borrego Springs Weather

Friday, 28 March Rise: 6:37 am Set: 7:03 pm
icon_sunset.gif
Rise: 1:01 am Set: 10:36 am UV Index: 8 (Very High) Relative Humidity: 20% Precipitation Probability: 10% Snow Probability: 0% Cloud Coverage: 0% Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous Wind Speed: 8Mph (12Km, 6Kts) Wind Direction: 304° (NW)
wx_85.png

Sunny 83°
54°
Mainly sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

Saturday, 29 March Rise: 6:36 am Set: 7:04 pm Rise: 1:52 am Set: 11:30 am UV Index: 8 (Very High) Relative Humidity: 27% Precipitation Probability: 10% Snow Probability: 0%
wx_clouds_square.gif
Cloud Coverage: 0%
wx_moon.gif
Moon Phase: Last Quarter Wind Speed: 12Mph (19Km, 10Kts) Wind Direction: 272° (W)
wx_85.png

Sunny 83°
57°
Mainly sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Sunday, 30 March
icon_sunrise.gif
Rise: 6:35 am Set: 7:05 pm
icon_sunset.gif
Rise: 2:38 am Set: 12:30 pm
wx_uv_square.gif
UV Index: 8 (Very High)
wx_humidity_square.gif
Relative Humidity: 35%
wx_precip_square.gif
Precipitation Probability: 10%
wx_snow_square.gif
Snow Probability: 0%
wx_clouds_square.gif
Cloud Coverage: 34%
wx_moon.gif
Moon Phase: Waning Crescent Wind Speed: 12Mph (19Km, 10Kts) Wind Direction: 263° (W)
wx_66.png

Partly Cloudy 77°
54°
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

For those of you camping in Sheep Canyon, bring bug repellant! First the flowers appeared and within weeks, the bugs. They get in your ears, your eyes and BITE the crap out of you if you aren't careful. I'm still scratching:D

With that out of the way, have an awsome trip! I think I'll be working on the rig or around the house:frown:. It's mom's birthday this weekend:)

P.S. for those of you that haven't heard, the trail up to Sheep Canyon has been leveled to little more than a gravel road. The sharp rock that hangs out into the trail on the top of the second or third rock garden has been bashed off too:mad::frown:

For those of you camping in Sheep Canyon, bring bug repellant! First the flowers appeared and within weeks, the bugs. They get in your ears, your eyes and BITE the crap out of you if you aren't careful. I'm still scratching:D

With that out of the way, have an awsome trip! I think I'll be working on the rig or around the house:frown:. It's mom's birthday this weekend:)

P.S. for those of you that haven't heard, the trail up to Sheep Canyon has been leveled to little more than a gravel road. The sharp rock that hangs out into the trail on the top of the second or third rock garden has been bashed off too:mad::frown:

good to know about bugs

real bummer! not good about the rock trail, will be more crowded now, that was our little "gate"

Scott:
I'll probably be tooling around AB starting tomorrow. Will likely camp at the Palm Canyon campground (if there is room) so the :princess:es can have hot showers. Hope to see you around. I don't have a good CB, have gone to ham. Stop by if you see a loaded 80.

Scott:
I'll probably be tooling around AB starting tomorrow. Will likely camp at the Palm Canyon campground (if there is room) so the :princess:es can have hot showers. Hope to see you around. I don't have a good CB, have gone to ham. Stop by if you see a loaded 80.

Can't live without that hot shower for one weekend away from home? :rolleyes:

Have a good time Eric, I'm sure we'll cross paths during the weekend.

Scott

Thanks for the info Steve, I was working on my rig last night and was getting munched on by the squeeters, spring has sprung! Chris told me about the trail, that's very disappointing? How do you grade a rock garden without totally destroying the surrounding area and what about preserving the natural scenery? I'll take lot's of pic's and post them on Monday.

What!?! Do you mean that literally? Did they just fill in some of the deeper holes inbetween rocks? Or did they totally mash it? Im about to be upset...:confused:

Can't live without that hot shower for one weekend away from home? :rolleyes:

Have a good time Eric, I'm sure we'll cross paths during the weekend.

Scott

more like 5 or 6 days, and a worthwhile compromise any way to keep everybody happy.

I'll try to connect with you if I can. I may go check out the Squeeze. Seems like an FJC should be able to get through. Have you done it yet?

If they really flattened out the Sheep C entrance, we should probably get on the horn with the main ranger to make sure they don't do that again elsewhere...

I may be able to make it out there this weekend.

What!?! Do you mean that literally? Did they just fill in some of the deeper holes inbetween rocks? Or did they totally mash it? Im about to be upset...:confused:

Yep. It appears as if all of the larger rocks were actually smashed into smaller shards. This effectively smoothed the rock garden portion of the trail.

There used to be an outcropping at the top of the third rock garden; it was on the right side and you had to look in the rearview to make sure you didn't clip it. The tip has been bashed off now.

Yep. It appears as if all of the larger rocks were actually smashed into smaller shards. This effectively smoothed the rock garden portion of the trail.

There used to be an outcropping at the top of the third rock garden; it was on the right side and you had to look in the rearview to make sure you didn't clip it. The tip has been bashed off now.

????????? :mad::mad::mad: ??????? :frown::frown::frown: ??????? :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: ????????

When did that all happen? Had to have been in the last couple of weeks. It certainly wasn't that way on the 7th of this month when Stan, Braden, me and a couple of others were up there.

When did that all happen? Had to have been in the last couple of weeks. It certainly wasn't that way on the 7th of this month when Stan, Braden, me and a couple of others were up there.

Mid week before this past weekend according to park headquarters. "They are attempting to give greater access to more people" although they highly recommend high clearance 4x4 vehicle only attempt Sheep Canyon.

I think Kevin called and complained! :D

Next they'll add a bridge at the water crossings:rolleyes:

I'm really glad I was able to go up there after the heavy rains with Reid when it was still fun.

Alot changed in the last two weeks Brent. When we were there two weeks ago there weren't any blood thirsty biting insects either:D:crybaby:

It is beautiful though. I saw the first blossoming cholla and some of the ocotillo's are in FULL bloom.
hubnut 001 (Small).jpg
hubnut 023 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Not to be a total hijacking SOB but if all of you haven't checked out the Slot, that is an awsome little distraction/attraction. I saw it for the first time this weekend:) totally worth seeing. There is even a hawk/eagle nest in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom