March 2022 Club Run - March 18-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's a car on fire right at the transition from the 5 FWY to the 14. All lanes are completely stopped. I would suggest taking an alternate route. Not sure how long it'll take to clear up.

Well, Saline Warm Springs was a bust. Very light breeze as I dropped into the south valley floor after leaving you all. Got to the springs and my favorite semi protected campsite was open. Popped up the tent and headed for a nice soak. Spring was only luke warm and then winds started howling much worse than the previous day when we stopped for lunch. Dust/sand was horrible. Packed it in and decided to take the North pass out since I'd never been that route. Yes Joe, I know... Arrived home safely around 9 last night.

Great people, great time with all of you!!!

Despite our early leaving on Sat night, JeffJ and I really enjoyed the trip. Saw lots of new stuff and Friday's camp was epically mellow. It was still windy down in Lone Pine Sat eve (but better the DV) so we grabbed a Taco Truck burrito and hit the road home. Man. My GX looked like it has been rolled in flour! Pressure washers rock.

What a great trip!!! Thanks Joe for putting in all the work to organize a really fun the trip!!! Looking forward to the next one!
Yes, thank you Joe and everyone else! Instead of Dedeckera Canyon, we ended up going to Ubehebe Crater via Crankshaft Junction after Eureka Sand Dunes (my kids and I ended up climbing to the top of the dunes...we couldn't resist!). Then because we had never been to Death Valley before did some of the main on road spots on Sunday like Badwater, Artist's Palette, Zabriskie Point, etc. Then on Monday capped it off with Titus Canyon and got home last night.

Needless to say it was an awesome adventure for my family and they enjoyed meeting everyone. Looking forward to the next one!
6CF18CA7-C4D0-40C9-BC6F-290F0A815045_1_105_c.jpeg
C7252B80-1D16-44C6-947C-3E93541B5DFC_1_105_c.jpeg
BB0A734C-7DD8-4F0C-A4A1-245A92A183B7_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Brent directed me to this corner of mud that I've never seen. Well, just dropping in to give a big thanks for letting me part of the gang for a couple of days. Was great fun to see how a club outing works! I am jealous of the access to open space you have within a short drive of the greater LA area.

Plan on running the shop compressor for a few hours to blow all the dust & silt out of the 80. Crank up the inside airvents and visible dust blows out :) In oz we know if a vehicle has ever been in the bush (versus someone selling it as a 'city' only vehicle) - our red dust migrates into every nook and cranny - much like the DV silt...

Hopefully we'll meet up again somewhere out bush (as we would call it in oz).

I got to test my home made soft shackles too (winching out the brother of the brother at Eureka with Dat) and then towing out the Indian family in their rental. Good test under fire. Now to get the dust out of the recovery gear too :rofl:

Just got home this arvo.

cheers,
george.

Hi Guys, Brent directed me to this corner of mud that I've never seen. Well, just dropping in to give a big thanks for letting me part of the gang for a couple of days. Was great fun to see how a club outing works! I am jealous of the access to open space you have within a short drive of the greater LA area.

Plan on running the shop compressor for a few hours to blow all the dust & silt out of the 80. Crank up the inside airvents and visible dust blows out :) In oz we know if a vehicle has ever been in the bush (versus someone selling it as a 'city' only vehicle) - our red dust migrates into every nook and cranny - much like the DV silt...

Hopefully we'll meet up again somewhere out bush (as we would call it in oz).

I got to test my home made soft shackles too (winching out the brother of the brother at Eureka with Dat) and then towing out the Indian family in their rental. Good test under fire. Now to get the dust out of the recovery gear too :rofl:

Just got home this arvo.

cheers,
george.
It was great to have you join us, George! You're welcome any time!

the great winching event :)

cheers,
george.

@george_tlc has posted a great 38 minute video of his accent up Lippincott here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom