Events/Trails March 19-21: Two Night (one if you prefer) Club Campout in Dixie Valley (1 Viewer)

Attending?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

14509BB0-2632-4A10-A359-856AC099DDD9.jpeg

These pics were 8 minutes apart! First it was snowing like hell, then nothing.

BD1D2212-116C-4B64-98D9-DED84A4D471C.jpeg

That was fun! Even with the wild weather. Nothing like spring camping in Nevada without some snow, sun, and everything in between.

This looks like the bottom of bobcat, could you guys make it over the top?
I have no idea where we were but we got about 2 miles up that trail and ran into the first muddy-steep section and said screw this. We had to winch Will down a bit and we turned around and called it a day. Pretty weak showing but we still had fun!

Sorry folks, I won't be coming. My family needs me here to deal with the death of my sister in-law. I am super bummed and sorry to let you guys down, but I'd rather feel like a s***ty president/friend than a s***ty husband/dad.

Will (@DesertLake) has all the maps and coordinates, but I'll share them here too for everyone else...

You should be able to download GPX/KML files from these links...
Trail Run Options

Wish I'd seen this but was packing like the cow had already left the barn at 8 am Friday and didn't think to recheck! Some cool stuff in that area to still check out for sure. Andrea and I had a great time, and it was great getting to know everyone better.
Photo Mar 20, 5 12 44 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 20, 6 22 49 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 20, 11 09 36 AM (1).jpg
GroupShot2.jpg

This looks like the bottom of bobcat, could you guys make it over the top?

Yep, that was Bobcat according to Tony's links, up East Job Canyon.

I have no idea where we were but we got about 2 miles up that trail and ran into the first muddy-steep section and said screw this. We had to winch Will down a bit and we turned around and called it a day. Pretty weak showing but we still had fun!

There's a big spring up high that I almost got boogered up coming down that last April, it's cool to get up on top, just not this early.

Yep, that was Bobcat according to Tony's links, up East Job Canyon.

Yeah that's the one, not sure why it's called bobcat.

Glad everyone had fun!

I did but left it at camp for this trail. I hadn't realized it's torsion axle doesn't have shocks and it kinda needs them. The way my gear was situated I couldn't see the trailer, except when it was airborne.
can you add shocks? It's on my list of mods for the pop-up, the lack of shocks probably led to the early death of the OEM axel it was severely bent after dragging the trailer over most of the dirt roads in Nevada.

can you add shocks? It's on my list of mods for the pop-up, the lack of shocks probably led to the early death of the OEM axel it was severely bent after dragging the trailer over most of the dirt roads in Nevada.
It doesn't look straightforward. The trailer is designed to carry a lot more weight than I am carrying, it may have internal damping (not sure how on a torsion axle) and simply be too stiff. It's not like I plan to take it on our wheeling trips, but for hunting and so on it will still need to handle a lot of gravel road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom