March 16-17, Jocassee Gorges ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gents, lets iron out the details. Camping, times etc

For us non campers, what time are we meeting at the part?

Camping: Marshall, Myself, Pops, and Andy will all be camping Friday night at Devils Fork State Park sites 54 & 55.

As for the wheeling on Sat. I say we meet at the intersection of highway 178 & 11 at the Holly Springs Gas Station about 8:45am. Park is open from 9 to 4 it is $20 per vehicle, and $5 per guest. I notice they now have a map posted on their face book account, looks like they have a good mix of easy, Mod, Hard trails so it should be a fun day.

Looking forward to wheeling with you guys:beer:

I want to camp Friday, can I camp with one of you guys? If not I may just head up Sat morning. I cannot camp Saturday as I have things to help with at church Sunday morning.

I want to camp Friday, can I camp with one of you guys? If not I may just head up Sat morning. I cannot camp Saturday as I have things to help with at church Sunday morning.

Are you just coming Solo Matt?

Are you just coming Solo Matt?

Yes, Solo, just me. and I do not have to drive/wheel I am more than happy to ride shotgun if need be.

I can even bring some rotel ingredients. ;)

Will be meeting u at holly springs. Got some things i need to accomplish 1st though! Get a spare and passenger seat installed. Also snatch strap.

Yes, Solo, just me. and I do not have to drive/wheel I am more than happy to ride shotgun if need be.

I can even bring some rotel ingredients. ;)

Bribery never hurts :D

The issue is DF has a policy of 2 cars and 2 tents per site, and we already have two vehicles per site, but I am pretty sure we will only have one tent at my site. So you could theorectically throw down a tent at my sight and just park your car in the vistors lot. If you are interested just give me a call.

I'll be working on Saturday, but I should be able to join on Sunday if you'll still have a Jeep guy around.

Karl, bummer that you are working Man! I don't know if anyone is going to be wheeling Sunday. I think everyone is planning on hitting the trails just for Sat.

Sounds like you gotta call in Sick!!

Basically any 4x4 will do about anything out there, so tire size isn't really a concern. Anything they can't do will need to be a full on buggy to so it anyway.

Karl, bummer that you are working Man! I don't know if anyone is going to be wheeling Sunday. I think everyone is planning on hitting the trails just for Sat.

Sounds like you gotta call in Sick!!

Well DAMN!! The old catch-22 of a student. Gotta work to wheel, but can't afford to if ya don't work. Maybe a rain check fellas. I'm still in town and will be for a while.

Well, looks like we might have to find a plan B. they just posted up that they were shut down and will let everyone know when they reopen.

Well, looks like we might have to find a plan B. they just posted up that they were shut down and will let everyone know when they reopen.

Motha *&$! :bang:

Gulches??

Last edited:
Has the govt shut them down or what?

Word on the street is they have to get a legit parking lot.

Word on the street is they have to get a legit parking lot.

Well that is a bummer as I don't think that will be a quick fix, atleast not quick enough to save our trip this weekend :crybaby:

Thanks for the heads up Jimbo

On a side note I will be heading to Gulches this Sat. instead. If anyone is interested let me know! :beer:

I'm in for Gulches. Will meet you out there in the morning. Say 9ish?

Great John! We will shoot for 9ish, but driving two 50 year old 45's you never know :D.

I got your number so if anything happens I'll let you know:beer:

:( that stinks. Are you guys still camping Friday night? It will be last min call for me now, but doubtful.

:( that stinks. Are you guys still camping Friday night? It will be last min call for me now, but doubtful.

I am not, Marshall will be...... I am just making the day trip up to Gulches

I'm out! Not ready for gulches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom