March 11-12 2017 ROTM -Alamo Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
The March ROTM will be from Wickiup to Alamo Lake with 1 night camping. Camp will be on the north west side of the lake in a riparian area. I will be prerunning it to get a good scenic path and maybe find a few extra curricular side trails. I am going to make the run stock friendly if at all possible. I will post any necessary permitting as soon as I check the FS and State websites. Meet up time will be posted after the pre run.

UPDATE: We will hold to the same format as the pre-run Meet for breakfast (for those interested parties at the Horseshoe Cafe for breakfast at 6:30 Google Maps . Get gas at vulture mine road for anyone who needs it. Unleaded is 2.40 a gallon here compared to 2.99 a gallon in Wikieup so a top off may be advisable. Premium in Wikieup really hurts the pocket book. Leave Vulture mine by 8:00

Arrive in Wikieup and top off get any last minute items. Back track 9 Miles to Signal Rd to start the run.

If anyone wants to show up later I can provide directions to camp.

Last edited:
Sweet Alyssa and I are in.

Edit: Alyssa is a maybe LOL

Last edited:
I still owe you some GPX files of this area (@Dimples ). Let me see if I can figure them out...

I'm in pending my birf overhaul and 2WD conversion.

Are you going back the next day via Wikieup or southeast towards Phoenix?

I was planning on heading back via Wikiup and checking out some rock formations just outside of nothing

Edit: and maybe an old mine depending on road conditions

Are you going back the next day via Wikieup or southeast towards Phoenix?

Are you going to come on this run??

Sounds like a fun time.
Unfortunately Cleo is unable to make this run but me and our dog Bella are planning it as long as I find someone to cover my Saturday work shift.

Well there is going to be some modification to the run. The area of the lake where I wanted to camp is flooded/washed out. The locals say it has been insane for the last month. As a result they have groomed some of the previously more technical roads to smooth easy driving trails. :meh:

So we found a nice place on the big sandy river nearby that will be camp. The run is completely stock friendly with some exploring for more modified rigs after camp is setup. Trailers will require a little spotting in 3 or 4 areas just due to some tight turn areas. Could also be a day trip as total drive time from Phoenix to campsite and back is around 7 hours.

With all the rain the desert is coming to life and is showing signs of blooming. With any luck it will be a very colorful run

Hey Ron - I'll be out of state during this one so I cannot make it. Unless, I can convince the family that they'd have more fun in Orlando with out me......

Hey Ron - I'll be out of state during this one so I cannot make it. Unless, I can convince the family that they'd have more fun in Orlando with out me......

Ya I don't think they are going to see it that way. Going to miss you buddy.

See first post in this thread for updates.

The first view of the lake looked promising

IMG_0445.JPG

But camp has been washed away

IMG_0451.JPG

Very away. That is the luckiest cholla ever.

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

For potluck the theme is fried food. I am bringing finger steaks and breaded mushrooms.

I picked up 50 jalapeño poppers to fry as a appetizer. On second thought I believe they already been fried so maybe just need to be heated up but I'm sure a good extra fry wouldn't hurt. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom