Marathon Seat Covers +Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was looking through this whole thread again; For those with Marathon did your cutouts for the power seat controls have any reinforcement stitching? Subsidiary to that question, am I supposed to take that stuff apart and "sandwich" the seat cover material inside the control trim piece?
For those with Velcro length issues, I pulled my seats at different times to install Gamiviti gears. The covers are way easier to install when you have the seat upside down.

If I recall no stitching. You’re supposed to use the slim metal shim to get the material below the plastic covering.

Good timing, I was just about to pull the trigger on a new set of SOR seat covers. Now I have to think.

:hmm:

Discount code

A6F280B4-6CE5-46F6-B939-52B8A5314256.jpeg

Valentine’s Day.

DE6303C2-A14E-44EC-B72F-5B83EB8A1E53.jpeg

I have been running a set sense 2015ish, these seat covers are still holding up great and they are currently in cruiser #2

These slide around so much on your seat…. Idk why folks actually like these.
I can only speak to my experience, but on my LX they fit tight and don't slide around.

I'm now at 6 years and 140K seat time with them, and other than a bit of color fade from UV, they still look like new. They have held up to lots of dog claws and Boy Scout trips and seem to wear like iron.

That's why I like them :).

I can only speak to my experience, but on my LX they fit tight and don't slide around.

I'm now at 6 years and 140K seat time with them, and other than a bit of color fade from UV, they still look like new. They have held up to lots of dog claws and Boy Scout trips and seem to wear like iron.

That's why I like them :).
This is my experience as well. I purchased covers for my manual seats and they don’t move at all. I have not noticed any fade on mine or really any wear at all.

That’s why I like them too.

Interesting. My brother’s in his 100 definitely slide around… i’ll poke around and see if they can be tightened up.

I have ones made of factory cloth that camelback toyota had made, they are next level awesome

Thank you. Their website is really confusing because it asks if you want armrest covers as an option. But the basic 2nd row kit appears to include the center arm rest covers anyway. So I'm not sure why you would need that option?

Regardless, thanks for clarifying!
Up

Making me spend money when I really shouldn’t be. Dark tan fronts to match the tan rears I got a few years ago.
Let’s see some pics when they’re installed.

I have a front set in dark gray for 80 series available. Map pockets on both seat backs, and small/shallow gear pockets on both fronts. I think I have them in the classifieds.

Bumping this based on another thread. What’s the scoop on the figment around the electric controls on the sides of the seats? My wet okole covers are meh on staying put in this specific area.

The Marathons simply have a rectangular hole for the controls. The size is such that with a delicate pry bar/putty knife of some type, you can "tuck" the fabric inside the trim piece of the seat controls. I've had some 80 series Marathons languishing in the classifieds for a while now. (They are decent, I switched seats).

The Marathons simply have a rectangular hole for the controls. The size is such that with a delicate pry bar/putty knife of some type, you can "tuck" the fabric inside the trim piece of the seat controls. I've had some 80 series Marathons languishing in the classifieds for a while now. (They are decent, I switched seats).
Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom