marana area camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
going to be in marana for a couple days, dont like hotels, where would i want to camp? i know some of the regular spots but i dont know of anything relatively quick access from marana.
suggestions?

Marana? You could pull up next to somebodies doublewide and through your tent down between the SBC block and the old Fridgedaire. :meh:

Catalina State Park - Showers and flushing toliets
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

West side of the Silverbell mine, the old rail track to Sasco, awsome area. But with the smuggle trafic lately, I'd be wary. How far do you want to deviate, lots of remote area around Willow Springs ranch..
If your set on Marana, your welcome to pitch a tent at the farm;), send me a pm..

Edit: Some cool area on the North side of the Tortilita Mtns/Owl Heads, access from Park Link road...:meh:

Last edited:
Maraña qualifies as an expedition :confused:

what is wrong with the Picacho Peak area ? - I heard the camping outfits have great facilties

yeah i wanna stay away from improved camping,,,, splishot your on the track i'm looking for, i know silverbell and sasco but i dont know Tortolita, sending a PM.

Let us know how this turns out, ok?

Has anyone heard from Clay?

here i am,, i made it out alive. i ended up going out well past sasco and into the "danger" area, or at least thats what the big sign would have me believe. the coyotes were very active and got real close to my camp once and i got buzzed by an apache heli but thats all, nothing good to tell except a great night out of the house and city.

Glad to know that area is still somewhat safe. A place I could take the kids to camp?

i dont know about taking kids out, i mean that sign is up for a reason even if it is a very remote chance of running into someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom