Many thanks for the return of my wheel/tire!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't recall your user ID here, but you returned my wheel and tire after losing it at 60 MPH on 285 today. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to make mine easier after it turned horribly crappy really quickly.

Thank you so very much!!! I'd love to buy you a :beer:, or 12.

Yes, fortunately everything turned out okay, minus some body and brake drum damage.

Best we can figure is that I had some brake work done bake in June, and they didn't use lock-tite on the spacers. When the wheel came off the spacer was still attached with the nuts in between the wheel and spacer.

We did use locktite on my son's 4Runner and the same thing happened to him. He was okay, his tire dented a parked Tacoma. I am not a big fan of spacers, my son is now looking for some 16 or 17" wheels so he can leave them off, they helped clear the larger calipers we put on.

I am not a big fan of tires coming off either... Here's my short version of why :) I was traveling at 65 mph when I hit some guys tire left in the road ... Blk rim , blk tire saw it about 10' from the truck middle of the night .... slammed the breaks and cut it... I hit it with my drivers side front tire ... Broke the spring pin... Axle moved back 6" ... Tried to control the truck in a fish tail... Didn't quite do it :(

Lifted off the ground and slammed to the pavement... Rolled several times on its side... Ended upside down

Not a good night... I don't like when tires come off... Nope ... Not at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom