many ?'s about how to and what to do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Tyler... First off thanks for your time over there, and sorry to hear about your losses...

I have used POR15, not on my cruiser but on my old 4runner... I fixed some rust spots, I followed the directions that came with the POR15, they also have a forms site attached to their web site, so you can go there and ask questions... I also bought the body putty they have and used it, then painted my truck.. it is only a few months old so I can not tell you if and how well it worked until it makes it through at least one MN winter..

I am new here also, so I know what it like to be excited about your cruiser and I also know what it is like to have so many questions that you can not even type them out fast enough... but if you ask more general questions you will get general answers, as I found also... so I just try to focus on one thing at a time....

These guys know what they are talking about... and so far have been a huge help to me!

I just got done stripping a frame for my 77 cruiser because the old one was shot. I used metal ready which i wasnt quite sure was necessary. I would reccomend a high speed drill with wire brush attachments to get it cleaned before you do the POR-15 though. POR stands for Paint Over Rust, so it bonds like hell to at little clean rust. Make sure you use cheap brushes, gloves, and disposable paint trays though, and a word of advice from me, dont get any in your hair, stuff is like super glue. IT looks like freakin black porcelain though in the end if you do it right. I

On another note, ZERO RUST, i just bought 4 cans from Cool Cruisers, seems like a pretty good application. Anyone have good or bad experiences with it? It is a less expensive solution at least for the under body. I guess if its good enough for Military Hummers it must work a little bit.

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 said:
Hey newbie,
You aren't going to get spoon-fed advice here. You gotta get your hands dirty and figure some stuff out on your own. You don't go asking for advice/help then bash people and call them "inbred backwoods fagget?????" What the fxxx do you think you are going to do? Scare people in to helping you. You gotta chill out, do some research in the FAQ and tech sections, then ask legitimate questions.

well said.......

Tyler, you are acting like a fing retard. Period. Seriously, many people on this site don't mind helping others out but I tend to see the same questions answered and asked here weekly and it gets boring. Don't come on this site and expect the world. The way you are doing it is not the right way. As many have very nicely said, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, then ask your question. Also, this is a landcruiser forum, not your dirty laundry forum. Lots of people have issues in life, this is the place to get away from them and have some fun.

I would start by apologizing if I were you.

Noah

1973Guppie said:
well said.......

Tyler, you are acting like a fing retard. Period. Seriously, many people on this site don't mind helping others out but I tend to see the same questions answered and asked here weekly and it gets boring. Don't come on this site and expect the world. The way you are doing it is not the right way. As many have very nicely said, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, then ask your question. Also, this is a landcruiser forum, not your dirty laundry forum. Lots of people have issues in life, this is the place to get away from them and have some fun.

I would start by apologizing if I were you.

Noah

sorry i have to disagree noah,
he was asking for an opinion,an honest opinion. the time it takes for someone to put out a smartass statement that they might have no knowledge on what he's asking for infomation on, might as well not answer in the first place.
we've all done it before!

dgangle, do you think it was funny to post a e-mail from him?
what was the point?
and how old are you?

JEEZ!
help a brother out or SHUT UP! THIS AINT CHAT!

tyler, no apology needed.......................not here

Last edited:
Tyler just about any question that you can think of has been discussed several times. So search and change your key words to search some more. I think you got the responce you did because right after a bunch of people told you to search you asked another newb question. I would ask the advice of local fishermen, because they know more about preventing rust on steel then anyone on this board. Good luck on your project and I hope that your personal life gets more positive.

2badfjs said:
do you think it was funny to post a e-mail from him?
Funny? No. It just shows the immature personal attack from someone that is obviously a little unstable. Big man, threaten me on a computer from the other side of the world. Everyone, lighten up and learn to take a fing joke. If I had a dollar for every stupid/smart ass response I have ever seen, received and/or read on this forum I would be wealthy beyond imagination. One has to expect the type of original response I gave, especially when the questions are vague and rampant.

Last edited:
This thread, if nothing else, has served to gel my somewhat skewed opinions about life, the north, the south, academia, and the state of the art in American dentistry.

tyler black said:
now i have it and want to try and redo it. with that i am add'n on to the engine not making it a race truck or anything but trying to get better mpg, power and so on. but dont know what to do with the stock drive train? should i get new or stay same if i dont really beef it up?:confused:

Most likely your engine is carbed right now..

If you wanted some more power and better MPG I would slap a TBI or somesort of other fuel injection system on there.

I used the por 15 and i liked it alot, i just took a angle grinder with a wire brush and just knocked off the loose and scaly rust, then i took a damp rag and wiped the excess dust off. also wear a long sleeve shirt because youll get that stuff all over you if youre not careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom