Many dashboardsa lights and AHC not work. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, i've a problem with my 2001 LC HDJ 100 1HD-FTE. Work fine, but when i arrive from Milan to Monza in my home and i switch off the engine, then i switch on engine and appears this lights. Alternator load fine like you see and the only function that no work is the AHC so the suspensions don't working when i try to move in high or in low. Many mechanics say me that 99% is the alternator but two days ago i went on streets very very very rainy almost flooded due to a heavy storm, so i suppose that the alternator took some water and now may be dirty inside the copper winding and "internal contacts" and also the pulley not work fine like last week, where i have no problems. Someone can help me for example if had a same experience? Thanks a lot for all. Bye. Alberto.

Immagine WhatsApp 2023-05-26 ore 15.30.03.jpg

I can not help much. As I do not work on HDJ 1HD-fte. But here's some tips that may help.

Make sure all doors closed. Make sure all doors closed buttons are functioning. Check that the dash door open indicator light works, by opening door IG key on.

Does cabin have a musty smell. Check windshield seals. Sometimes, by just letting vehicle sit in hot sun windows open, drys moisture and system(s) work again. But over time, if water allowed to keep entering. Oxidation builds on contacts, and system fail to work properly. So it's important to stop water leak ASAP.

Water intrusion, into cabin dash and or sides of foot wells. Can cause many strange issues.
Moisture may also have entered the in AHC wires or CPU. But typically we see AHC OFF light on dash near L-N-H indicator lights ON, when AHC system shuts down. Test that AHC OFF light works, by pressing off button.

Also look at AHC wire coming out rear quarter panel undercarriage. In USA model Left hand drive. The wire block housings for AHC is on left side (drive side). By disconnecting the wire block housings. You can check for oxidation, water, dirt, etc. Clean up with electric contact cleaner. Than, use dielectric grease in wire block housings, to help seal water out.

Good luck!

In other cruisers these lights also come on when the gas cap is not sealing well or loose. Easy one to rule out. Check. Take battery -ve cable off for 10 mins to reset ECU and see.

I can not help much. As I do not work on HDJ 1HD-fte. But here's some tips that may help.

Make sure all doors closed. Make sure all doors closed buttons are functioning. Check that the dash door open indicator light works, by opening door IG key on.

Does cabin have a musty smell. Check windshield seals. Sometimes, by just letting vehicle sit in hot sun windows open, drys moisture and system(s) work again. But over time, if water allowed to keep entering. Oxidation builds on contacts, and system fail to work properly. So it's important to stop water leak ASAP.

Water intrusion, into cabin dash and or sides of foot wells. Can cause many strange issues.
Moisture may also have entered the in AHC wires or CPU. But typically we see AHC OFF light on dash near L-N-H indicator lights ON, when AHC system shuts down. Test that AHC OFF light works, by pressing off button.

Also look at AHC wire coming out rear quarter panel undercarriage. In USA model Left hand drive. The wire block housings for AHC is on left side (drive side). By disconnecting the wire block housings. You can check for oxidation, water, dirt, etc. Clean up with electric contact cleaner. Than, use dielectric grease in wire block housings, to help seal water out.

Good luck!
Hi and thanks for your response. Fortunately I've solved the problem: the cable of warning light of alternator was cut! So i repair it to solder another cable and plug it again and the 5 warnight lights in the dashboard disappears and the AHC working fine. So the alternator was and is in good condizioni to work fine i hope for many time!!! Thanks a lot at all. Alberto from Monza. Italy.

20230529_111754.jpg

IMG-20230529-WA0001.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom