Manual to power window conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

Has anyone done this? I have a hj61 with manual Windows and want to chuck a set of electric regulators in. Do all the cruisers have the wiring loom in there already or will I have to start from scratch?

Cheers in advance guys
Adam

Don't know about HJ61s, but my '86 FJ60 didn't have the connectors in the wiring loom for the power window subharnesses. In my case, I'm moving everything over from my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle, including the complete wiring harness, so that makes it pretty easy. I'm also adding the relays to incorporate the "permanent fix" described here:

Power Windows and Door Locks--Permanent Fix!

Yeah ok, I thought as much, I'm sure I didn't see any extra looms in the doors last time the card was off but thought I'd ask to save pulling it off again.

Yeah I've read a couple of auto to manual threads, I kinda agree and am happy with the wind ups, the reason I'm thinking of the conversion is mainly for the back, I've converted it to a two seater and half way through building a full inbuilt camping setup and dog box so probably won't be able to access the winders with the rear doors shut.

I suppose it's also laziness as I could always get out of the truck and open the door to do it.

Hmmm will have a better think maybe.

Thanks for the info guys
Adam

Hi, I changed mi glass windows to acrilic, to save weight.

I have a complete set of manual regulators to get you started

I have a complete set of manual regulators to get you started
What's the difference between the two types? I have a 24 V system. Are what you have compatible with this voltage? If I'm going to go that route, I am also going to need the two panels for the front doors? Would you happen to have those as well in a gray color?

What's the difference between the two types? I have a 24 V system. Are what you have compatible with this voltage? If I'm going to go that route, I am also going to need the two panels for the front doors? Would you happen to have those as well in a gray color?

Manual windows don't require power. They are manual.

I do not have any front door cards right now. They are available quite often on the sight though. I have blue window cranks

I realize THAT difference. What I meant was is there a physical difference between the two regulators? Are they the same regulators except for the fact that the power window regulators have it a motor somehow attached to the mechanism that makes the window go up and down? Can the motor be replaced by Just replacing it with a crank handle ?
Manual windows don't require power. They are manual.

I do not have any front door cards right now. They are available quite often on the sight though. I have blue window cranks

I realize THAT difference. What I meant was is there a physical difference between the two regulators? Are they the same regulators except for the fact that the power window regulators have it a motor somehow attached to the mechanism that makes the window go up and down? Can the motor be replaced by Just replacing it with a crank handle ?

They're different:

Window Regulators.png

They are different, yes. You need to replace the whole regulator assembly. I believe They bolt in the same though.

I'll check tonight. I have one of each to compare.

They are different, yes. You need to replace the whole regulator assembly. I believe They bolt in the same though.

I'll check tonight. I have one of each to compare.
The power window regulator has 3 mounting bolts, the manual has 4 - but they use common holes. Just moved over all power window/door lock hardware and wiring from my '89 FJ62 to my '86 FJ60 project vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom