manual to power steering conversion 3b diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the bush, Coombs, Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
manual to power steering conversion w/3b

wondering what the best way to convert to power steering is.. have an 82 bj60 with the 3b diesel and manual steering and it has got to go. ideas anyone...thanks..I will try the diesel section..

Last edited:
if it is a stock 3b in the stock truck it is a "BJ60 with the 3B" not an FJ, being gasser = Bunk motor.:p when put up beside a diesel, gas sux anyway you look at it.:flipoff2: think there is something about using an older GM pump or something.:confused: I put the turbo on 1'st, no point in turning if you can't pull out and pass. :doh: I need the power steering too + hydo assist, something about the stock toyota pump not cutting it comes to mind:hmm: there is a bj60 in courtny for $1000 i think. think it has a 5 speed and power steering, good runner, good drive line too, frame is rusted to crap though, but its a deal for the parts. i wish i had a parts wagon:doh:

Someone in your neck of the woods has all the parts needed to make the conversion. He wants around $900 for the parts, and you have to ship him your old manual steering parts first (at your cost). If that kind of deal sounds good to you, post an ad on diesel parts part of the forum and I'm sure he'll make the same offer to you. I also have an 82 with manual steering and was contemplating changing, but I'll drive it this year and see if I can live with manual steering. Cheers.

900 beans, thats like a full rusted bj60 for parts
bad deal if your asking me.
put a turbo on, and sit back till you see a score of a deal. my friend just got a 85 bj60 280k for 800, frame is rusted to dust, body to but the 5 speed, 3b and all the nick nacks are in good order.

good luck

the vin does say fj60 but it's diesel power and looks stock. i'm new to cruisers
what about a hydro assist steering from a ford bronco or something...???
$900???? i bought a running truck with a little frame problem(now fixed) and no papers for way less..
put in a water pump, brake line, fixed the hand throttle and kill cable...now to find a 60 with papers on the island.

900 beans, thats like a full rusted bj60 for parts
bad deal if your asking me.

Yeah, why do you think I passed up on it? ;) The cost for the parts was one thing, but having to pay to send my original parts for the seller to inspect before sending me the P/S stuff was a bit excessive. Well, I suppose for some people, selling used diesel parts is a way to make a living...:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom