manual hub conversion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what is involved in switching the auto hubs on a 1991 fj80 front axle to manual hubs... can i use the asin manual hubs from a mini truck axle? if so what would be involved

If you're trying for 2wd, you will have 2wd, but still be using all the power required for 4wd unless you lock the center diff and pull the drive shaft or get the 2wd conversion kit from marks4wd.com. Yes, the Asin hubs work, and there isn't much involved, but unless you take the extra steps, you're just wasting your time IMHO.

the front axle isnt going to be under an fj80 anymore its going under an 85 4runner, thats why i want the manual hubs on it

redplastic said:
the front axle isnt going to be under an fj80 anymore its going under an 85 4runner, thats why i want the manual hubs on it
Just buy a set of Aisian hubs and go on your merry way! I believe somone here has posted the part no. if you do a search ... or you can find it on Sleeoffroad.com as well.

:cheers:

Tucker

You need the hubs found on FJ60s/62s or early mini trucks/4Runners. The IFS hubs are a different spline count. Nothing else for a 91/92 axle.

i so happen to have the asin hubs that came with my 85... so its a direct bolt replacement eh? thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom