Manual fuel shut off? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to remove the fuel cut solenoid on a 1hz and replace it with a mechanical fuel shut off? Like what you'd have on an old diesel tractor.

A kill cable I believe its called

I was just curious mainly, but it'd also be handy to know such a thing, for if the fuel cut solenoid died in a remote location where know one is within cooee

I was just curious mainly, but it'd also be handy to know such a thing, for if the fuel cut solenoid died in a remote location where know one is within cooee

Well that's interesting, I think a lot more would die before shutoff valve does and if you going to a remote location then take a satellite phone or let people know where you are. Trips into remote areas require backup parts and a lot thought & prep work, a shut off valve on a diesel would be the least of my concerns.

In Australia a HF radio will keep you in touch with Flying Doctor Service and cattle station owners, haven't you watched Wolf Creek:skull:

I dont recall seeing a fuel cut solenoid die,its always the wiring or the electrical supply to the solenoid that stops them from working.
If there isnt enough power in the battery to activate the solenoid ,then there will definitley not be enough for the starter motor.
I dont know how or if you could add a cable. There is no mechanical lever that will cut the fuel like old tractor engines.

Its never something anyone has had to bother with ,its so reliable.

Nah not into those sorts of movies.

Yeah I know that a HF radio will keep me in touch, I'm not sure what the costs are involved having never looked into it.

Like I said I was more curious than anything thing else, funnily enough though I did have the fuel cut solenoid give up the ghost on my last IP lol.

I often wondered if a bolt could be placed in there if the solenoid fails. Or maybe you could remove the solenoid and set it to its "run" position and put it back in to get you home.

I had one on a used engine I bought that was malfunctioning and it was gummed up with some gooey residue from not being used in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom