manifold vacuum on chevy 350

ranger

There is a vacuum port 2nd picture right under the airfliter. It is capped with a black cover, loooks like it is on the metering block. Also another source is where your vacuum advance for your distributor. You should also have a tap on the manifold inbetween the carb and the dist.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

Depending on what you need the vacuum source for, you might be able to T into the line for your brake booster as well.

On my Holley carb there is a full manifold vacuum port right next to the PVC vacuum connection. Not sure if all Holley's are the same though. I would go to the Holley web site as it has online manuals for most of their carbs.

Ok I am still trying to find more than one manifold vacuum source. Could I tap into the brake booster if I was using the vacuum for my th350 transmission? Are these manifold vacuum sources as well?

lingo

be sure to look on the manifold to see if there is a plug (threaded pipe type) that is in one of the intake runners. if not then the answer would be yes that is the only manifold vaccuum

lingo

oh yeah, i would also find a way to route that return spring away from the radiator hose. bad corrosion. maybe toward the rear off of the bottom of the bracket

theo

john0089 said:
Are these manifold vacuum sources as well?
Nope. Those are just threaded bosses for mounting stuff.

Like ranger and lingo both suggested, Chevy intakes often have a plugged port behind the carb. It's a common place to get brake booster vacuum. If your Edelbrock has it you can replace the plug with a barbed fitting and be good to go. :)

lingo

you may be able to find a vacuum "tree" and replace the nipple this would give you more options and then you could plug what you don't need.

I got a t fitting and put it on the manifold vacuum with the brake booster. Do you think it will work?

Last edited:
Top Bottom