Manifold question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Southeast Overland

Get lost! Go explore!
Threads
Website
www.southeastoverland.com
I just had my exhaust manifold (3 piece) for a 1983 FJ60 2F ceramic coated. Nice shop coated my intake (by accident) but they didn't charge me - woo hoo!

They were supposed to plane the surface where it mates to the block. It doesn't look like they did but they swear I will be OK. I already see where I will have to sand some of the ceramic coating off of the manifold to have a smooth mating surface. The 3 pieces were not tack welded together which I was told a shop would have to do before they planed the surface but those could have been ground off.

My question - If I bolt the intake and exhaust manifolds together and a straight edge shows that they need to be planed will this screw up my ceramic coating? I know planing the surface will remove the ceramic coating at this location but will it start the rest of the adjacent coating to peel?

I just talked to the shop - they said they should bolt up fine. Said loosely bolt intake to exhaust, then tighten down manifolds to block, then finish tightening manifolds together and that should bring them together. I'll try it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom