Manifold heat shield mounting hardware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RyanTomorrow

Livin the livin.
SILVER Star
Threads
While admiring @NLXTACY’s Instagram feed, I realized: hey, he’s got some heat shields under the hood that I didn’t even know I was missing! Turns out the PO took off the manifold heat shields and I never realized they were missing. I figured out where to source some new ones but I need to know what kind of hardware I’ll need to mount em up. Anyone know what bolts they take offhand?

Sure! I bet I need to order a few other things from you anyway, might as well save on shipping. Going to go the ceramic coating route on them.

Definitely take @NLXTACY up on used bolts if he has them, but otherwise they are M8 x 1.25 by 3/4" long.

Part numbers from Toyota are below. Hardware is in the small bag.

Heat Shields.jpg

Sure! I bet I need to order a few other things from you anyway, might as well save on shipping. Going to go the ceramic coating route on them.

Mine have the common little cracks at the bolt but totally usable. For me I need to make s*** look good so I’m going the extra mile.

FWIW Toyota shows 90119-A0109 when I type the part number off the bag above.

Small side question: why do all the heat shields crack at the bolts (heat cycles, vibration, metal too thin, fastener design??), and is there a fix to prevent cracking (Wits End Exhaust shield repair kit)?

For sure it’s heat cycles and expansion/contraction of dissimilar metals in a fixed/clamped location.

@NLXTACY do you carry the heat shield bolts? I took my heat shield off while chasing (another) exhaust leak and I dont want to put these crusty things back on. I'd rather give you the $$ when I get a few things I've had in my wits end cart for a month or two.

Partssouq wants $13 to ship $2 worth of bolts. Which don't get me wrong I am stupid enough to do.

Sorry to raise an old thread but I need to know what those sheilds bolt too: I assume there's tapped holes on the stock exhaust manifold itself? I wanted to buy some shields from Toyota but then I realised that the PO has aftermarket exhaust. Can the shields bolt to the open threads ok the side of the head?

20220401_064335.jpg

Sorry to raise an old thread but I need to know what those sheilds bolt too: I assume there's tapped holes on the stock exhaust manifold itself? I wanted to buy some shields from Toyota but then I realised that the PO has aftermarket exhaust. Can the shields bolt to the open threads ok the side of the head?

View attachment 2967974
Nope. You’ll need a custom solution

Bugger, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom