Mandatory Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyosandHam

SILVER Star
Threads
Good morning everyone. I'm new to LC life and offroading in general but humble and willing to learn. Someone from your group was kind enough to hand me a flyer at Home Depot this weekend and I understand Billy's is the place to be this Thursday. I plan to be there but don't laugh if I show up in a Tacoma. The new (to me) LC is getting some love this week and I may not have it this Thursday. Looking forward to saying hello to everyone and to joining Dixieland Cruisers and TLCA. Waiting until I talk to the right folks before doing either so that I can make sure I'm supporting the chapter properly.

Me and LCs: Been in love with LandCruisers my whole life but never owned one before. Owned plenty of Jeeps back in my mullet 70s/80s days and have a Tacoma 4x4 right now that gets dirty occassionally but is focused on being a reliable primary vehicle. I've lived and worked more overseas in EMEAR and APJC than I have in the US and have always envied the toys our peers across the pond were able to have. Starting looking for myself casually about three years ago. Mostly at 70s and 79s but I didn't like the Turbo4 and the 79 was too big. Learned about the mid-sized 73s and 74s but didn't see them floating thru the US that often. Wasn't looking for perfection and couldn't afford it anyway. Just something to enjoy. Patience paid off and I recently found a 73 on Ebay for sale by a fellow ih8mud member (thanks @joekatana !) who was willing to work with me after his original sale fell thru.

New (to me) LC: 1991 Toyota LandCruiser HZJ73. 1HZ straight 6 diesel. H55 5-speed manual. Left hand drive.

Thank you and see you soon.

-Charles
1991 HZJ73

Good morning everyone. I'm new to LC life and offroading in general but humble and willing to learn. Someone from your group was kind enough to hand me a flyer at Home Depot this weekend and I understand Billy's is the place to be this Thursday. I plan to be there but don't laugh if I show up in a Tacoma. The new (to me) LC is getting some love this week and I may not have it this Thursday. Looking forward to saying hello to everyone and to joining Dixieland Cruisers and TLCA. Waiting until I talk to the right folks before doing either so that I can make sure I'm supporting the chapter properly.

Me and LCs: Been in love with LandCruisers my whole life but never owned one before. Owned plenty of Jeeps back in my mullet 70s/80s days and have a Tacoma 4x4 right now that gets dirty occassionally but is focused on being a reliable primary vehicle. I've lived and worked more overseas in EMEAR and APJC than I have in the US and have always envied the toys our peers across the pond were able to have. Starting looking for myself casually about three years ago. Mostly at 70s and 79s but I didn't like the Turbo4 and the 79 was too big. Learned about the mid-sized 73s and 74s but didn't see them floating thru the US that often. Wasn't looking for perfection and couldn't afford it anyway. Just something to enjoy. Patience paid off and I recently found a 73 on Ebay for sale by a fellow ih8mud member (thanks @joekatana !) who was willing to work with me after his original sale fell thru.

New (to me) LC: 1991 Toyota LandCruiser HZJ73. 1HZ straight 6 diesel. H55 5-speed manual. Left hand drive.

-Charles
1991 HZJ73
Welcome Charles! That was me (Cole) you met yesterday at HD. A few of us saw Joe's for sale thread on that 73 and noticed it was going to AL and we were wondering who scooped it up. So congrats on the new ride, it's super nice!

Just curious, who is doing the work on it for you locally? We can recommend a few good shops if you need them.

We don't officially have any dues or joining process yet for DLC, just shop up when you want to and come hang out. It's pretty relaxed, but we've got a great group of guys and a wide range of Cruisers in the group. Also, we have stickers and shirts (both of which we need to order more of) if you're interested.

Finally, post up some pics of your 73!

Thanks Cole! Apologies on missing your name but I won't forget again. Yes that was me who scooped up the ride from Joe. Very happy. The local work I'm doing this week is mostly cosmetic and anyone can do. Tint/Stereo at Audio Creations and some minor servicing and Chelsea Auto as they've taken care of my vehicles for over a decade. That said, I do have some mechanical issues/concerns/questions and I would welcome the groups feedback and recommendations. No rush on this stuff I'm just putting it out there:

1. Broken (misaligned?) fuel gauge
2. Need external reliable oil and temp gauges

After that probably some real conversations about subjects such as lifting and wenches and the fun stuff.

Understood on the dues/process. I believe in local support so if that changes in the future I'm game. I'll probably join TLCA this week then. In the mean time where would my life be w/o swag? I'll definitely need two stickers and a large shirt to start me off. Let me know what you need for that.

As for my ride here are some pics from the listing until I can get some proper photos. Enjoy!

0AA2CC38-026A-4ABC-8F14-1F143B0F7F82.jpeg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Cole! Apologies on missing your name but I won't forget again. Yes that was me who scooped up the ride from Joe. Very happy. The local work I'm doing this week is mostly cosmetic and anyone can do. Tint/Stereo at Audio Creations and some minor servicing and Chelsea Auto as they've taken care of my vehicles for over a decade. That said, I do have some mechanical issues/concerns/questions and I would welcome the groups feedback and recommendations. No rush on this stuff I'm just putting it out there:

1. Broken (misaligned?) fuel gauge
2. Need external reliable oil and temp gauges

After that probably some real conversations about subjects such as lifting and wenches and the fun stuff.

Understood on the dues/process. I believe in local support so if that changes in the future I'm game. I'll probably join TLCA this week then. In the mean time where would my life be w/o swag? I'll definitely need two stickers and a large shirt to start me off. Let me know what you need for that.

As for my ride here are some pics from the listing until I can get some proper photos. Enjoy!
No worries! Boozer Built/Boozer's Cruisers downtown does a lot of work on diesel cruisers btw.

For the fuel gauge, it sounds like maybe the sending unit could be bad, but I would post up an intro thread in the 70 Series section 70-Series Tech and you will get a lot better response and advice on the gauges.

I tried to google boozer and came up with a drunk bike shop in Arkansas? I did find CahabaCruisers.com while searching. I've got the 70-seriestech bookmarked already and have been lurking around. I'll be hitting them up.

I tried to google boozer and came up with a drunk bike shop in Arkansas? I did find CahabaCruisers.com while searching. I've got the 70-seriestech bookmarked already and have been lurking around. I'll be hitting them up.
Cahaba Cruisers is just sales (mainly importing), they don't service anything. They actually send all of their Cruisers they bring in to Boozer's before selling them.

Boozer's Info:
864-497-5480
1boozerbuilt@gmail.com
4360 Powell Ave S (next to Attic Insulation Co)

-Charles
1991 HZJ73

Charles, welcome! We are in the process of moving. So uncertain if I’ll make it this week. Congrats on the new ride.

See you soon!

Charles, welcome! We are in the process of moving. So uncertain if I’ll make it this week. Congrats on the new ride.

See you soon!

Thank you. I feel your pain. I think I'll be moving around mid-October myself. Oh joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom