Man-a-fre drop down aluminum tailgate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know who manufactures the tailgate they(Man-a-fre) sell? Is it aquala? I want to use a drop down tailgate for my soft top any other resources or pictures to help in my decision would be appreciated...Thanks

That is a aqualu. Nice and has storage.
Other options are Heritage sheetmetal which can be bought through SOR or TLC or find a used drop down or have one made by Ehsan on teh next container shipment .

To my knowledge, the only people who manufacture the aluminum FJ40 parts for multiple vendors is Aqualu.

Just finished prepping my Aqualu aluminum storage tailgate for paint and it's a solid piece. You'll have to keep your keys handy to close/lock it, but other than that the storage will be great.

Unless you are a hard-core OEM-parts only FJ40 owner, you really can't go wrong with the Aqualu parts.

To my knowledge, the only people who manufacture the aluminum FJ40 parts for multiple vendors is Aqualu.

Just finished prepping my Aqualu aluminum storage tailgate for paint and it's a solid piece. You'll have to keep your keys handy to close/lock it, but other than that the storage will be great.

Unless you are a hard-core OEM-parts only FJ40 owner, you really can't go wrong with the Aqualu parts.

I always thought so too, but aqualu is canadian, and on matkins site it says that their body parts are stamped in the USA:confused:

Any advice on installing the Aqualu storage tailgate? I'll be picking up and installing one next weekend in Vancouver, BC when I pick up my new BJ42... I'll be a couple thousand miles from home, with limited tools, so any frustration-avoidance tips would be greatly appreciated!

I've had mine about 4 years now, and has held up just fine, very nicely built piece, though I wasn't impressed with the SAE bolts instead of metric.

I just emailed Bob at Aqualu about the SAE hardware. Hopefully he will chime in here and say they're using metric now. :)

I was dissapointed that every fastener for the tailgate, fenders, tub windshield and cowl were standard. I swapped over alot, but haven't gotten rid of them all yet. I'm certain that the bolts sold to the canadian market would be metric, so it shouldn't be a difficult request.

Canada has the same problem the US does...mostly SAE, a smattering of metric. Even American cars are mostly metric now, though, so hopefully the cost of metric fasteners will come down somewhat in time.

If nothing else, most of the cheap s*** from China at Harbor Freight is metric. Surely that's an indication of things to come. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom