Man A Fre Add A Leafs.................. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the long ones.
needed to level out the rear after putting on new springs a week ago.
old springs were jack cause of no wrap bar.
broken pinion in moab.
So, i ordered a set of the long add a leafs from MAF.
was able to do this without removing the springs.
love the ride of these,way better than the shorties.
before ride height and after pics.
and i got to use my new 10 ton jack stands :grinpimp:
DSC00185.JPG
DSC00187.JPG
DSC00186.JPG

Last edited:
after install ride height

all level
soooooo much better.. :D
DSC00188.JPG

How much lift did you get out of the add-a-leafs - was it really over 4"? Were there any extra parts that you wound up having to buy or replace that you weren't expecting? (the kit comes with longer pins and U bolts, doesn't it?)

I'm thinking about doing the add a leaf to the rear springs of mine - I'm not sure how much sag I've got going on back there - right now I have these coil spring shock things and I want to get rid of them, but I don't want to do it without being ready to adjust the rear height. They're basically holding up the rearend, methinks.

Also, you can add a leaf to the front springs also, can't you?

i was all there

swank60 said:
How much lift did you get out of the add-a-leafs - was it really over 4"? Were there any extra parts that you wound up having to buy or replace that you weren't expecting? (the kit comes with longer pins and U bolts, doesn't it?)

I'm thinking about doing the add a leaf to the rear springs of mine - I'm not sure how much sag I've got going on back there - right now I have these coil spring shock things and I want to get rid of them, but I don't want to do it without being ready to adjust the rear height. They're basically holding up the rearend, methinks.

Also, you can add a leaf to the front springs also, can't you?

i ordered two sets(i'm glad i did) comes with longer,way longer center pins .
boogerd the first pin up.
i dont remember if the u-bolts were stock,i already had a shortie add a leaf in my old spring pak.probably would be a good idea to get new u-bolt(longer)for doing this.mine worked fine.(probably not stock)

right now,yea,over 4" :D
well see after awhile how it settles,the ride is smoooooooth and sweet.
i also run the rancho 9000's in the back.

sorry

adds in the front......
most definitly....
i have the shorties in the front right now,and still have arch in my springs.
axle wrap just destroyed my rears. thats why i only did the back end.

I thought, that MAF Add A Leaf are a better cheap option to raise some inch your Rig. I not sure if can lift 4" but 2" is good.

You can use it in front with out problems, there are very very flexible, and soft, when I use it in my TLC, I don " add " I replace one old leave with these ones.

look at the pics

Tapage said:
I thought, that MAF Add A Leaf are a better cheap option to raise some inch your Rig. I not sure if can lift 4" but 2" is good.

You can use it in front with out problems, there are very very flexible, and soft, when I use it in my TLC, I don " add " I replace one old leave with these ones.

4 inches easy on stock 60 springs that were flat to begin with. :D

we'll see what happens later after they settle :bounce:

I had considered doing this once I'm able to do the SOA, in an effort to better support the extra weight of the ARB in the front, extra goodies on the back, and (way in the future) the 4BT. Looks like that might be the way to go for me, while sticking with my factory springs. Glad to see they worked out so well.

2badfjs said:

you'r right .. ! on flat spring is easy get 4" adding it .. :)

2badfjs said:

Hard to tell from the pic is you're SOA.

But don't forget, if you are SOA, you're also increasing ride height by the thickness of the spring.

jwest said:
Hard to tell from the pic is you're SOA.

But don't forget, if you are SOA, you're also increasing ride height by the thickness of the spring.

yup,soa
leaf at the most is 3/8 thick

Good goin' there 2bad... are ya gonna add anti-wrap?
(edit - just saw your other post :D )

Nice jack stands too. :cool:

Where did ya get 'em and how much do they run?

yup!

jwest said:
Good goin' there 2bad... are ya gonna add anti-wrap?
(edit - just saw your other post :D )

Nice jack stands too. :cool:

Where did ya get 'em and how much do they run?

i've got another thread goin on the wrap bar.

got the stands from carquest $250. a pair

they go up to 47 inches

4 inches? wow...the website only says 1.5 I'm guessing you've got some settling to do. Or maybe the website's just wrong. Anyhow, your truck looks like a good setup. I wonder if i'll need some add a leafs if I put an ARB on my 62 w/ sua bds.

I have those add a leaf on my SOA FJ60 using stock FJ62 spring packs. They were a bit tall at first but have since settled with almost 2" of sag!! work great!

The 60 looks great with the lift. BTW, those jacks are cool as hell...

I'm going to go with the OME full setup for my rig so that it can handle the engine that I will eventually pop into it... A 6BT!!

:beer:

So what made you decide on the long ones over the short ones? I was reading on the site, and it says the short ones are good for heavier loads, whereas the long ones offer a smoother ride. Or are the long ones good for heavier loads as well? Also, where in the springs did you add these leaves in?

i went with the longs

Spook50 said:
So what made you decide on the long ones over the short ones? I was reading on the site, and it says the short ones are good for heavier loads, whereas the long ones offer a smoother ride. Or are the long ones good for heavier loads as well? Also, where in the springs did you add these leaves in?

i'm runnin a soa, so i figured the longer leaf would be better for that set up in the rear.
ride quality was'nt a factor, but it sure is nice :D

counting down from the top of the spring pak. the extra leaf would the third one down.
i also kept all the other leafs in the pak.

2badfjs said:
i'm runnin a soa, so i figured the longer leaf would be better for that set up in the rear.
ride quality was'nt a factor, but it sure is nice :D

counting down from the top of the spring pak. the extra leaf would the third one down.
i also kept all the other leafs in the pak.

Very cool. Methinks I'll have to do a little suspension work when I get home from this trip to help "get ready" for doing the SOA hopefully next summer. Lookin at the add-a-leafs, shackle refersal kit (maybe) and greasable shackles with poly bushings. That oughta help smooth out the ride a bit and give the add-a-leafs time to settle before SOA time comes around :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom