Mammoth/Turkey Creek via Rug Road pics. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Post 'em up fellas...

Exploritory trip with Alvin, Cayce, and Ross. Great trip, brutal, but will make the top 5 in my book. Might had made #1 if the sleeping conditions were better (90% humidity, hot and no breeze).

I only have a few..

Galiuro divide looking east
100_0792.jpg

Same spot
100_0794.jpg

Table Mountain Mine Office.
100_0795.jpg

Looking down at the head of Turkey Creek.This area of the road is reminicent of Moab.:cool:
100_0796.jpg

Couple of driving through Turkey Creek.
100_0798.jpg

100_0799.jpg

The Turkey Creek Mosquito Dwelling..:D
100_0800.jpg

100_0801.jpg

Camp, this was at the confluence of Turkey Creek and Aravaipa Creek.
100_0805.jpg

100_0806.jpg

Ahh, yes, and cool water..
Aravaipa Creek.
100_0802.jpg

It was, I'm guessing if you rated this trail, I'd be 3 to 3.5. My only comparison would be Chiva or Charlou Gap. At least with those runs, you have some easy relaxing stretches in the road, this one seems to beat you all the way (maybe minus a half hour?). I could be a wimp...Let's see what the others post up.;)

It looks nice up in there. My bro and I have always wanted to go up that way. Good pictures!

It was, I'm guessing if you rated this trail, I'd be 3 to 3.5. My only comparison would be Chiva or Charlou Gap. At least with those runs, you have some easy relaxing stretches in the road, this one seems to beat you all the way (maybe minus a half hour?). I could be a wimp...Let's see what the others post up.;)

I was thinking the opposite. I was about to throw in the towel in my 80:princess:. You made iron-man status doing that in your 40:eek:

The views, the campground, the creek, and the good company made all the miles and hours of rough road worth it. I'm already trying to figure out when I can make the trip again. :hmm:

I didn't take any pics to share - forgot my camera:whoops: so these fools' pictures will have to do. :cheers:

Picked the right weekend, forcast for Mammoth next Saturday is 112..

Might get something going again this fall.

Gawd, I'm still sore..:eek:

Last edited:
Post #8 this same thread..:rolleyes:

Have any coffee this morning.:hillbilly:

Ross went wheelin?:eek:

Nice job, this trail has been on my must drive list for way too long!:hillbilly:

Nope, didn't do it. Grace got car sick over Reddington Pass and threw up four times before we got to San Manuel. So to have mercy on her I drove around and met these guys on the back side. I have to find a better way to manage her car sickness. Every time I think I have it down ...

:frown:

We had a great time anyway. It takes about as long to do the trail as it does to drive around. We had a great time and are planning on another trip.

112˚ John? :eek:

We had a great time anyway. It takes about as long to do the trail as it does to drive around. We had a great time and are planning on another trip.

112˚ John? :eek:

Yep, that's what the feds have slated for next weekend. Actually above normal all week.

Did you get all your stuff dried out?

And how about you Cayce, did you ever get any sleep?:D

You can count me in when ya'll want to do this trail again.