Builds Mallcrawlin' 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just ordered a pretty basic OME kit from Metaltech along with some 295 KM3s. Of course the tires are backordered, but that gives me the time to amass a few more parts... maybe some new UCAs, rear links, Jason’s diff drop for sure.

Anything else I should consider?

I’d like to look into different shocks down the road, I’ve never been a huge fan of the OME nitros. I like the icons, but idk anything about shocks other than remote reservoirs look great!

Drops are on sale currently.

J

Should have my TT diff drop and sway bar links on Tuesday and the ome kit delivered on Wednesday, so I’m hoping Thursday afternoon I can get everything put together!
Also, went a different route on tires. 295/70r18 KM3s were backordered to infinity so I changed my order to a set of 285/75r18 Duratracs after seeing @sonk76 LX in some photos. They’ll probably rub less, be more quiet, last longer, and just generally be a better choice for my 99.99999% pavement driving.
73F27980-14E2-4586-BFE9-8C9A1B3FDB72.jpeg

It’s been a couple weeks since I installed the OME kit, @TRAIL TAILOR diff drop, and put the new tires on. It went really smooth, the no rust really spoiled me. The worst part was having my arms get tired while removing the rear passenger side shock, but I am a sissy little girl so your experience may differ.
2DA2C6B7-8400-4676-B309-1227DEF14001.jpeg

Installing the diff drop was super simple. Jason’s instructions were dead on and having the torque numbers in hand was much better than me deciding, “eh, that’s probably tight enough.”
8766ED83-7A2A-4056-84A4-760B6716D45B.jpeg

I didn’t have any angle iron laying around to use as a straight edge so with me on one side of the torsion bar and my brother on the other, we decided with “100% certainty” which valleys were exactly at the 12 o’clock position so we could mark the torsion bars for proper orientation and installation. Lucky for us, we got it right the first time lol.
6AECA6BB-3B10-4AD8-8C20-BC5D911B4B59.jpeg

1AF864E4-A79E-48EF-B577-1120C5AD67E7.jpeg

The rear sits just a hair over 23” hub to fender and I’ve got the fronts set at 22”.

Initially, I was really happy with the way it rode, but I’d like it to be smoother over bumps and on the highway. It’s not awful and it’s still more comfortable than my brother’s 80, but I’ll definitely be upgrading the shocks down the line.

Also bought a cute little sailboat to tow for the first time! Now I just need to practice backing up with a trailer 😂
BB1D12E7-BD93-48E8-9B83-A6ADC7E2CDAA.jpeg

Not sure how I missed your thread... that's my 100 on ACC's wall. Coincidentally, shot by another 100-driving customer of ACC's. That pic was 100,000 miles and a lot of scratches ago. It's since been lifted, bumper'ed, scratched and faded. But... still my favoritest truck.

The trails/roads in your pics in N. GA look familiar. Bonus points if you can ID this trail...
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.35.11 PM.png

And even scratched and faded... ya can't beat that Black Garnet Pearl!
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 8.31.32 PM.png

Any rubbing with that size tire?
Had my heart on some 295s also but the 285/75 might be an good alternative.

At full lock it rubs the pinch weld. I’ll probably hammer that down but I for now I just don’t turn that hard. They also do not contact the stock UCAs.

Looks like s hit
🤙 🤙

Not sure how I missed your thread... that's my 100 on ACC's wall. Coincidentally, shot by another 100-driving customer of ACC's. That pic was 100,000 miles and a lot of scratches ago. It's since been lifted, bumper'ed, scratched and faded. But... still my favoritest truck.

The trails/roads in your pics in N. GA look familiar. Bonus points if you can ID this trail...

And even scratched and faded... ya can't beat that Black Garnet Pearl!

Hell yeah man, I just crossed 15k with mine and am still so happy I chose to wait to find the best one I could in this color!
And I’m not sure which trail that is. I didn’t know there was really anything more than just graded forest service roads in N. GA 🤔. That looks pretty fun tho, I’ll have to hit you up for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom