Making the 100 J jump. 100-200. A few Q's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Blend door works!

It was foreign coming from a 2000 4.7 that forced a patient driving style to having power. Very nice. And sans roof rack making box truck style wind noise on the 100, it is really quiet in the 570. I suspect the 20s with the rubber bands help with a smooth ride. I'll remedy that with 17 or 18s and 285/295s once I sort out my choice.

Pics to follow once it gets light and stops raining.

Desperately needs tires. Might just get some 20s and roll in it a bit.

tempImage9NALde.png

tempImageGpd0P0.png

tempImageqit6BM.png

Congrats! I spy some cool stablemates sizing up the new girl.

Great Success! I look forward to seeing you on here with all the many mystical unveilings of sacred knowledge that are sure to follow the primal drive to modifize (modify-optimize) all the obscure things that will inevitably capture your obsessination (obsession-imagination). Welcome.

Thanks gents. yes- my other rolling pack usually meet my new rides with furrowed brow.
Due to my complete lack of reason and patience, I am going to get some 275/60/20 BFGs today.
The running boards might have to be trimmed. It looks like the same process I did with my GX. Leaving the rocker trim and cutting with sliders to come later.
not sure if I’m going to leave the rear seats in either.
So many stupid ideas- so little time.

Thanks gents. yes- my other rolling pack usually meet my new rides with furrowed brow.
Due to my complete lack of reason and patience, I am going to get some 275/60/20 BFGs today.
The running boards might have to be trimmed. It looks like the same process I did with my GX. Leaving the rocker trim and cutting with sliders to come later.
not sure if I’m going to leave the rear seats in either.
So many stupid ideas- so little time.

Get some 1" spacers and you'll be sitting pretty.

That’s what I was wondering. bora or Spidertrax? Not familiar with the 1” versions. I had 1.25 Slee/Spidertrax on the 470 for a bit. I do like some poke… Just some- I’m old.

That’s what I was wondering. bora or Spidertrax? Not familiar with the 1” versions. I had 1.25 Slee/Spidertrax on the 470 for a bit. I do like some poke… Just some- I’m old.

It's a balance of multiple considerations that go beyond clearance and poke. Scrub radius, handling, torque steer, etc, enter the conversation.

For your target tire size, a .75" spacer would probably work better. I personally think a 1.25" spacer (+28 effective offset with a stock wheel) goes too far outside parameters where it's trading drivability.

1" will give you more flushness, and would give you the right parameters to grow all the way into a 35x12.5 .

I present to you "Graf Zeppelin" I was going to name it the Hindenburg, but you all know how that ended. This thing is a big lovable blimp. I already like it at least equal to my 100.

Any tips on 1" or 3/4" spacers location? I looked at Slee and such but I can't seem to find any 1"s in stock.

I painted (properly) the factory 20s and grille and the back emblems. I think the last chrome I actually enjoyed was on my Cragars that were on a 76 Camaro- in the 80s.
tempImageVTM6kc.jpg

I've only had Spidertrax spacers, but have read reports here of success with Bora spacers. I seem to recall that one needs to watch for the wheel studs extending out and that if it does, you need to have wheels that have a pocket cast between the lug holes. Some rims do, some don't.

So CharlieS- do you have 1.25" Spiders? I have a set of those from my 100 I could use if they are the same. I'll do my reading on that.

I did have 1.25" Spidertrax spacers, and they worked great with the Tundra rims I was running. I switched to a different offset Evo Corse rim and traded the spacers to another member.

I have a set of four 1.25" I do not use anymore. (with bolts) $50 plus shipping and they're yours.

1677869883197-png.3263060

These were put on by PO to bump out the TRD RW (also for sale, DM if interested)

Thank you sir! Sent a DM. Had to leave town for family stuff. Will follow up next week. Sent a text. Tried to call but crappy service at mother in law's.

No need for spacers. 275/65/20 works great on a bone stock LX and is the ideal size for the 200 at basically 34x11.50" which is the same as 285/70/18 and 285/75/17. The goldilocks size for the platform and best of all no mods needed.

AMWts8CPaLPU_DNDA9R8gdqlVuOcnnbwdTSs0ZyaE25lJKcOIVbSOXgIaDBPUEvvGtvxBIPmbbQxdeoFSHAjisalL8razbmJ8-nj3IpnGYRTnfe7tFAQ_pCX1QA-MgwEyNXha3SosGcUj2M5-04xKwuKmpn1Nw=w2794-h1862-s-no

Shame not a lot of offerings in 285/70r18. I am really trying to go to a larger wheel when these tires go and 18” seems to have a lot less fun tire sizes vs 17”. 275/70r18 is still good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom