Making a prerunner bar...using the ARB bar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to make a"Prerunner" bar out of my ARB bar. Basically, I want to literally slice off the ENTIRE top portion of the ARB bar...and have a completely smooth bumper on top. Then I want to start fresh with my own design.
With all the welds and bars..will this be possible?
airlaird

a deluxe bar?

Why not just sell it to me and then buy the new Slee type?....or TJM or something?

Well Christos' bar is fantastic...but not quite the style I need. I have the non winch ARB and wanted a clean slate.
airlaird

There is also someone over in the 100 series forum that chopped his ARB and it looked really nice. Took it down to the lowest horizontal bar.

The top has been sliced of the ARB by a few. It looks very clean.

I want to make a"Prerunner" bar out of my ARB bar. Basically, I want to literally slice off the ENTIRE top portion of the ARB bar...and have a completely smooth bumper on top. Then I want to start fresh with my own design.
With all the welds and bars..will this be possible?
airlaird

:D May I have your top when you cut it off? :D

Steve,

That is exactly what our president planned to do before he foolishly sold his (wife's) 1997. Shoot Gary an emial.

Are you planning on doing a stinger style prerunner top?

Well no drawing but I am cutting off the steel tomorrow. I will post pics. I have always thought the ARB bar was "too busy" up front. But I will be making a Prerunner bar...similar to Christo's. I will then paint it Charcoal Grey (Forerunner grey). Pics tomorrow I hope.
airlaird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom