Make an introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.crawlorado.com
Hey Southern colorado Guys!

Welcome to the new section! Introduce your self and post up some pictures!

My name is Trevor, ive had my 76 FJ40 for about 3 years now.. Its been a fun project and i hope that thru this section and Colorado Land cruisers i can do some fun trips this upcoming summer with you folks! My Truck has a Small Block TBI 350 in it. Stock Tranny/T-case(for now :grinpimp:) Spring over, GM Power Steering, and Hy Steer.. Currently riding on 36" Swampers..

Plans for this winter include new Rear Centerd Axle, FJ60 Rear Springs, and a 700R4 Tranny to a Dana 300 t-case.. This should give me the Crawl ive been looking for.

I live down on the south end of Colorado Springs and go to UCCS finishing up my Degree in Business Information Systems.. Here are some pics!!

P.S. anyone know whos truck this is in the last picture.. Its almost exactly like my truck, but a little smaller and alot nicer!!
MVC-010S.JPG
topoff2flex.jpg
MVC-023S.JPG

mini me 40 ;)

so what up trevor, is this the southern colorado club?

this is my 40 last year on 33 mtrs
cruiser 3.jpg

Nice, thank you for making the effort:cheers:

Well i am josh
I have a 74 FJ55
Mostly stock and in need of new rubbers
i live on the west side
work at Chipotle at Union nad Academy drop in some time and say hey
Just went on a short trip with the dogs up to Gold Camp

Last edited:
cruiser ride

We will have to get rogether sometime and talk cruisers, schedule a trip and have a cold one. I believe I have seen your cruiser around town. Just changed the color of mine. It is presentable now.

Bonzai - How was the Snow up on gold camp? Thats a great spot where you took those pictures!

Next Scheduled Meeting is January (1/17) at Liberty Toyota North (off Acadamy) It will be my First meeting, aswell as many others! It Starts at 7:00PM but im Thinking of Going to Chipolte Before the meeting and Getting some Grub.. maybe Meet at 6:00 for some dinner?

Samsr- What color is it now?

Last edited:
That was the first anual blizzard run in MAY of all times. Just off of gold camp road. Had a great time had 5 people scheduled and 9 rigs showed up. Had a good time. Made a level 2 trail into a 4+.

By the way I was one of the founding members. Not too many of us around. I have just been to busy to get much done with the club lately.

Finally got a pic to send. Had to make it half size. This is what mine looks like with the new paint on it and about 200+ man hours. Maybe 2 table spoons of filler in her. Cut out all the rust and replaced it with good old fashion steel.
MVC-006F.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, my name is Kendall and I am the current Treasurer of CLC.

I drive a '88 blue Toyota truck. It has a straight axle swap. The front axle is out of an '84 4Runner with FJ80 high pinion e-locker and Longfields. The rear is the stock axle with a Tacoma e-locker third. Both stuffed with 5.29:1 gears. Power is supplied by the stock 4 cylinder and gearing is provided by a Marlin crawler.

the snow was not bad at all
just a little packed and icy in the shade. But of course this made a little more entertaining

Samsr - Looks Great man - I am in need for alot of Bodywork myself, maybe i can get some ideas from ya!!

Kendell - Nice Picture man - 21 Rd is definatly a trail i want to get to!! - Still Love your truck man! you have PM!

Hi All,
I am the current President of CLC. Soon to be replaced. I, as Kendal, also drive a "mini". I look forward to meeting and wheelin' with the IH8mud group. Thanks, for getting this forum going. I hope this will bring new people and fresh ideas to the club.
Thanks, Andy

DSC00025.JPG

Hey guys what's up?

My wife and I will be moving to the area spring/summer of '06. I lived in Co Spngs until the ripe old age of 14. Made a decision to leave the flat land and head out west. Looking forward to hooking up with some guys when I get out there.
I may be out there as early as April, and as late as July depending on when we sell our house.

he's my POS
PineCity11-27-04025.jpg

Andy, I was hoping to get a run in before I left town, but it didn't happen. Hopefully the Mrs will give me time to work on the Cruiser when I get home.

Randy, it was good seeing you and Red again. I ran in to a guy over here that says he knows the both of you. He is a CW2 named Parsons. Does that ring a bell? I think he said he has a Scout.

I have pics to post of Cruisers over here, but forgot my USB cable for the camera. Will post as soon as I get one.

Samsr and I were at the very first CLC meeting/get to gether back in 95. Along with a few other people. Any of those others still in the club?
I know Norm and Jerry probably still are, anyone else?

Just found you guys again!

Jeff Van Wyk here...HAD a 72 FJ40, but was forced to sell after much debate....but I'm looking for another one once I sell my 1990 4Runner (ebay you guys!). Anyways, Kendall and the gang, miss hangin' out with you guys! So, lets make it a good summer in '06. Talk to you all soon!

Hi Guys,

Looks like I'm on the milder side... 1997 LX450 on 33" BFG ATs with lockers & sliders. :princess:

We just relocated to the area a few months ago... looking forward to meeting y'all on the 17th.

nanuk said:
Andy, I was hoping to get a run in before I left town, but it didn't happen. Hopefully the Mrs will give me time to work on the Cruiser when I get home.

Randy, it was good seeing you and Red again. I ran in to a guy over here that says he knows the both of you. He is a CW2 named Parsons. Does that ring a bell? I think he said he has a Scout.

I have pics to post of Cruisers over here, but forgot my USB cable for the camera. Will post as soon as I get one.

Samsr and I were at the very first CLC meeting/get to gether back in 95. Along with a few other people. Any of those others still in the club?
I know Norm and Jerry probably still are, anyone else?
nanuk I believe I do know that guy. I believe he was a e-4 or e-5 when I knew him though. Tell him we are still here. Hope all you guys make it back safe from the sandbox.

Hey nanuk,
Glad to here your good! Be safe over there! How long is this tour? Norm is still in the club and Jerry hasn't been to a meeting in a year or so. There are a couple others on occassion. Are you still in the house in Penrose?

Jeff, sorry to here you had to sell your cruiser. 4runners may not have the same "style", but they still have low range!! I hope to see you on the trail, or even at a meeting. Actually, Is your runner a 5spd or on auto, I might be in the market for an auto soon?

Trevor, Thanks for making this happen! This is great. Which Chipoltes and what time? Maybe have a meet & greet before the meeting? I'd be there. Any one else?

samsr - is that the same cruiser? Use to be green, or even camo? Either way, looks great!

:cheers:

I'm up for grub, grog and gab before the meeting... just tell me when and where to go :D

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom