Major Nelson 60 Series Trail Tailor Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little done this morning..

Jason

PXL_20220514_173132118.jpg
PXL_20220514_173152673.jpg
PXL_20220514_173140573.jpg
PXL_20220514_172938315.jpg

J's also got the engine dialed in and sounding great. The 2F always makes me think of an old school sewing machine. (get the same feeling listening to an old Porsche too for some reason). can't wait for the road trip home.

Looking for help. Has everyone stumped so far

Looking for help. Has everyone stumped so far

This is my guess-

Circling back to the main thread. Apologies for creating mult threads while driving...was trying to get things diagnosed real time.....

But now to a quick summary of the trip and thoughts on the rig @TRAIL TAILOR built.

The suspension - simply amazing. Jason kept telling me how much better the 60 road with the 80 axles and coils. Even with the build up it was far better than expected. I can take corners like I'm in a mid-sized sedan (no lie). and Jason had me hit some speed bumps going 45mph....treated them like I'd run over a pebble.

Aside from the stalling after being on the highway for long periods (which has baffled some of the best LC minds) the rig runs perfectly. Fires up immediately, with no need for the choke. Idle's great and runs fantastic.

I was also really impressed with the H55F transmission. This is what the 60's should have come with. I was cruising comfortably at 70MPH at just under 2500RPM. The 2F is still a 2F, but at least I was able to down shift to 3rd and keep it over 50mph when I hit a bigger hill.

So excited to have some of trail tailor's armor on this 60 too. Love the front bumper (much better look vs ARB in my opinion), and I think Jason's rear tire carrier is the best looking one out there.

Overall pretty impressive for a first shake down (2k miles is a pretty significant shake down to do, especially driving through the desert heat).

Glad you made it home. Not far from you. I live in Rowlett. We should meet up at some point.

Glad you made it home. Not far from you. I live in Rowlett. We should meet up at some point.
I'm going to piggy back off of @ceylonfj40nut ... I'd love to see this thing and see how it rides; considering doing the coil over for my 62. Hoping to do that with an LS swap in the next 18-24 months.

The rig's just great. Jason does a hell of a job. Unfortunately for me 2022 has been kicking my tail. I was hoping things would change over the past month...but they haven't. I'll be putting this rig, my 87 FJ60, and 77 FJ40 up for sale shortly (heck, pretty much immediately....if I can just bring myself to post them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom