Maintenance pricing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I may buy a 2000 LC with 92,000 miles. I have been told that it will need a major maintenance involving the timing belt at 100K miles? He also added that it typically costs around $1200. Is this true?

yes, t-belt is replaced at 90K(100k is past, but its no worry), prices range, from $500-1000, $1200 is a bit high.

I did t-belt, tensioners, waterpump, serp belt, fluch rad, t-stat, crank seals, cam seals for about $800 at my local Toyota dealer. Same work was done on our 99 LX 470 by the PO....it was almost $3000!!!!!!!!!1

Landpimp said:
yes, t-belt is replaced at 90K(100k is past, but its no worry), prices range, from $500-1000, $1200 is a bit high.

I did t-belt, tensioners, waterpump, serp belt, fluch rad, t-stat, crank seals, cam seals for about $800 at my local Toyota dealer. Same work was done on our 99 LX 470 by the PO....it was almost $3000!!!!!!!!!1

Landpimp, what is the shop rate at your Lexus dealer? We are at 95$ an hour right now :eek: .

Just had mine done.. t-belt, tensioners, waterpump, serp belt, spark plugs, service trans,oil and radiator fluid changed... $1046. at the dealer...

no clue, I have not had any work done at the lexus dealer, the work was done by the folks we bought the LX from. I think my Toyota dealer is at $85 hour.

bh4rnnr said:
Landpimp, what is the shop rate at your Lexus dealer? We are at 95$ an hour right now :eek: .

bh4rnnr said:

$95/hr isn't bad. Toyota in LA was charging $75/hr back in 2002, and Lexus probably gets the best toyota mechanics. So how does this add up to $3K? Based on the price difference of AHC fluid, it seems the same Lexus part costs 3x more than the toyota part? Does the Lexus dealer allow one to supply the parts oneself, or do you have to buy their parts?

they had a few other things done it looks like, like replace part of the roof rack, $180 for the part

but as far as parts prices.......

spark plugs........$140 for the set!!!!! Toyota is about $60! wiper inserts $6 each which is 2x's Toyota......same part

but it was
labor $1677
parts $1360
misc $425
tax 233

yeah Lexus is a wee bit spendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jim_Chow said:
$95/hr isn't bad. Toyota in LA was charging $75/hr back in 2002, and Lexus probably gets the best toyota mechanics. So how does this add up to $3K? Based on the price difference of AHC fluid, it seems the same Lexus part costs 3x more than the toyota part? Does the Lexus dealer allow one to supply the parts oneself, or do you have to buy their parts?

the denso iridiums were $60 a set from the toyota dealer?? Would you get me a set if I paypal'ed you money? Seriously. Everywhere I've looked, they're always about $12 a plug if not more

edit: haha, just called local toyota dealer......$19 a piece :eek:

Last edited:
chukiechz said:
the denso iridiums were $60 a set from the toyota dealer?? Would you get me a set if I paypal'ed you money? Seriously. Everywhere I've looked, they're always about $12 a plug if not more

Have you checked with CruiserDan yet? He should be lower than any Toyota dealer you're going to. He has been much lower than my local dealer on everything I have purchased for my LC so far.

Greg B said:
Have you checked with CruiserDan yet? He should be lower than any Toyota dealer you're going to. He has been much lower than my local dealer on everything I have purchased for my LC so far.

how/where do I contact him? Thanks

I paid $311 to replace the T-belt on my 98 uzj at a local toyota dealership,I know I'm late for the party, but I had it done yesterday. Please Shop around b4 you put $1200 of your hard earned cash.

LABOR: $270
BELT: $ 41
I also did the serpentine belt(no labor) and the radiator fluid since you are alredy there
Final Price $388,oo
Good luck

chukiechz said:

$19 a pop ?!! Holy-cow !

It sounds like your T-Dealer is dragging you over the coals (and over..and over)

I sell `em for $9.95 ea. all day long (and still make a decent profit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom