Maintaince work prior to 30-40K world trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got custom TruckVault drawer system put in and will get fridge mounted (same heavy duty slides 150lbs each 26" that they use). Will need to mod cargo barrier a little (add on extra 'wing') and then little flap/window so kids can reach back.
Wife luvs the extra pull out kitchen counter-top that double dutys as a table.

Ordered "MagnaFlow Exhaust Direct Fit Catalytic Converter 23120 Catalytic Converters " from rockin4x4 today, so we'll see how that turns out. Will likely do 'new' on the rest as well so no hassle for next year+
per post here

see my "leak" (causing P0420)

I cannot offer much in the way of mechanical advice, but we are no strangers to extremely long road trips. One thing I would advise is carrying a simple mechanic's tool set - an air compressor, an impact wrench, a socket set. When you need to make it work, and you can't get anyone to do it for you, those things will be a lifesaver. A source of compressed air, especially a compressor, will be invaluable. With this setup, if need be, you could hypothetically pull the engine on the side of the road, if you had a strong enough tree and a hoist. Just an example to illustrate the sort of versatility that carrying just a few tools can give you.

Hi thelal,

Security its a issue for your rig and your self, everything has to be locked to the car like for example the high lift, jerry cans etc, also a good Security system for the car, some 3M protective shield for the Windows, because some body could brake the window in a stop light.

Hope to ese you in Costa Rica!!!

Ok

Ed

will have air compressor - may get upgraded with some slider 'tanks'. 3M shield on windows is a good idea - didn't think of that. I will have locks on all outside stuff and has std oem RS3000 security system already. Ed meetup in Costa Rica sounds good.

will have air compressor - may get upgraded with some slider 'tanks'. 3M shield on windows is a good idea - didn't think of that. I will have locks on all outside stuff and has std oem RS3000 security system already. Ed meetup in Costa Rica sounds good.

I've said it before and I'll say it now - your 17 year old alarm system isn't going to stop someone who wants to steal your truck from stealing it. Mine's left me stranded, unable to start my truck, though. They're good at that. Your experience may vary.

geez but this is pulling up an old thread.
I should do an update of some sort as back in Ireland land. Still with same RTT (lots of fixes), some truck upgrades/maintaince and same trailer. Family all good and living online in Covid lockdown world as we know it right now. Once get some opening in next few months will pop off for some camping. Africa, Eastern Europe, Russia, Mongolia still on the horizon but further away....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom