SOLD Maine: 1998 100 Series- Southern truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Selling my 1998 100 Series with 343k miles
Asking $4800 or best offer.

So here is the story..... I am a previous 40 series, 80 series and twice 100 series owner. Last May, this 100 series came up for sale by a friend of the family in Tuscaloosa, AL. The vehicle was purchased new in '98, and remained within the same family until last May 2019 being passed from grandfather to grandson. Being the owner of a 400k mile Maine rust bucket of a 100 series, I purchased this, and headed to AL with my trailer to pick it up. Being from Tuscaloosa, there is no rust or rot to speak of.
While in Maine for the last 13 months, this vehicle saw one weekend ski trip on snow covered roads, otherwise, I used my rust wagon 100 to get around town. I have put a good bit into this truck, and do believe I will regret selling, but I am looking to fund other projects and currently own 4 vehicles. Before the question pops up, I dont have any of the service records, but feel free to run the VIN on My Toyota website. There is a bit there. Secondly, I am a 25 year aircraft mechanic, so all of the work during my ownership has been done by me, with OEM parts.

Recent Maintenance :

Iron Man 2.5 inch lift. Rear springs, Torsion Bars, and gas shocks all the way around. The lift rides great, but a bit of torque steer is present under heavy acceleration. Unloading the torsion bars a bit will remedy this, but my focus was being level with minimal take and proper droop.

4 BGT A/T 265/75/16 with about 6k on them. As seen in the pictures, I do have a brand new OEM wheel to mount a spare on, but do not have a tire.

Brake Master Cylinder replaced at 322k with Aisin unit. Brake pads done at the same time.

Timing belt and water pump was replaced with the Aisin kit at 330k.

Cam position sensor was replaced at 340k......due to me not properly securing the sensor harness at timing belt replacement 10k miles prior. Note... it will rub against the serpentine belt and cause a no start!

Fuel Filter changed at 330k

Oil and filter just changed 1k ago. I have been running Mobil One.

Canvas seat covers installed on the front seats about a month after I purchased the truck. The front seats were recovered with a leather that would quickly loose its coloring, so I purchased custom covers and love them. There are no holes or tears in any of the seats, and the rear seat is original in great condition. I also have the *** 3rd row seats ***to include.

Front and rear Weathertech Liners.

Maintenance needs:

The power steering pump has a bit of a whine when it is cold. It's sometimes hard to hear over the fan this time of year, but it is there until it warms up. It also had a leaky return line, but has stopped leaking since the weather has turned warm. I have added almost one quart of fluid (ATF) over the past 13 months, so it's not something that I have taken the time to isolate. The steering is otherwise tight and the rack seems solid with no leaks.

It has the 100 series clunk when going from reverse to drive. I grease and grease and grease, and it will go away for a few weeks, then it comes back. I have not worried much about it. It's just part of the deal.

Check engine light for O2 sensor bank 2.

The retractable antenna was replace with a solid one that has since broken off. Somehow this thing still receives FM stations...

Sunroof does not operate, and I have caulked around it.

Rear drivers side window will not operate. Needs a regulator.

Rear hatch has some custom work when a new handle was installed. The previous owner cut a bit of metal to work the handle out. Not sure why, and it's not visible with the hatch closed. No effect on the function, just a note to pass on.

In 2014, the sun had finally taken it toll on the original paint. The truck was repainted in it's original black, but the quality of the job is not the best. It's very presentable, and looks better than most 22 year old vehicles, but up close it has some areas of fish eye and minor waves. From 5-10 feet, and after a wash, it looks great.

Overall, this is a super clean example, both inside, underneath, and outside of a 100 series. Despite having 343k, I am very confident in its reliability and do not hesitate to take it anywhere.

I'm asking $4800, but open to offers and respectful opinions. I encourage anyone interested to ask questions or come drive it.

Thanks for looking!

20200615_164220.jpg

20200615_164212.jpg

20200615_164304.jpg

20200615_164258.jpg

20200615_164251.jpg

I'm here on the west coast so I will have some questions to ask you. I figured it would be easier via the phone

Sure. My phone number is 207-330-5630. I'll be traveling today, so if I dont answer just leave me a message and I'll get back to you.
Thanks
Dan

Hello All.... Up for grabs again. A non MUD member gave me a deposit, and never asked his wife, so back goes the deposit, and its available again!!

Ask your wife, and feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks All.

Hanging on to it for now. Just put $$$ into it this week to get all the little needs worked out and just cant see selling it at this point.

Hanging on to it for now. Just put $$$ into it this week to get all the little needs worked out and just cant see selling it at this point.
Absolutely! Let me know if you decide to part ways I am looking for something less rusty than my Lexus. She has a bad case of cancer.
Thanks
Maineiac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom