Main rod bearing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dammit
Was the crank scored up? Have to pull it?

Can't believe the drive train on this thing. Tight shifts, no slippage, no clanking U-joints. And It's older than I am. Tough!
Don’t want to hijack, but yes…scored. Got another 2F to stick in for GSMTR. Will rebuild my other one and possibly sell…unless I need two. 😂

IMG_7501.jpeg

Not pretty
Had an F135 in my 40 for about 5 miles. You'll know it's serious when you have to keep giving it more gas and downshifting to keep moving. Eventually this too quits working.
If it's a bad bearing or not oiling bottom end issue you won't have long to wonder. Hope it's something else.

For mine, oil good, broke in good, plenty of oil pressure. When I dropped the pan, there was one “dry” bearing cap. Popped open and found the issue…or rather an issue. When looking at bearings, one has a defect that was missed on assembly IMO. But tossed to side until I tear rest of the way down…no time up against GSMTR and working out of town. 😝

Below bearings from #1 rod… obvious issue with oiling port.

May do a new thread and report back on the prognosis in Fall/Winter…

70322044739__EF0F1F24-A5A4-4368-A62A-B55D92BD2638.jpeg

For mine, oil good, broke in good, plenty of oil pressure. When I dropped the pan, there was one “dry” bearing cap. Popped open and found the issue…or rather an issue. When looking at bearings, one has a defect that was missed on assembly IMO. But tossed to side until I tear rest of the way down…no time up against GSMTR and working out of town. 😝

Below bearings from #1 rod… obvious issue with oiling port.

May do a new thread and report back on the prognosis in Fall/Winter…

View attachment 3348688
Why was the #1 bearing dry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom