Magnuson Supercharger FZJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is such a sad visual. We met because of that truck.....:steer:

Agree, IIRC, that was the reason that Beno and I first talked? It went something like; how do I jack the roof back up enough to get a windshield in it, so I can move out of Ohio!?:hillbilly:

As much as a supercharger option isnt a turbo option, its still worth alot more than an AXT option in the long run.

As much as a supercharger option isnt a turbo option, its still worth alot more than an AXT option in the long run.
Are you saying the AXT is junk for 2,500 US dollars?

Are there any details on this?

Is it basically the same as the OEM kit?
- no intercooler
- requires OBDII
- etc

watching

Are there any details on this?

Is it basically the same as the OEM kit? YES
- no intercooler CORRECT
- requires OBDII NOT NECESSARILY, AS LONG AS LEAN FUEL IS ADDRESSED IN 93-94 AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PASS A VISUAL EMISSIONS CHECK
- etc

Just spoke with Tim at Magnuson. $4375. They are looking to set up dealers.

How many of us are actually prepared to pull the trigger so we can buy in bulk and bring the price down?

I was about to pull the trigger via Toyota TRD for $3475. Money was a bit tight last summer and they had said they had "plenty" in stock do I waited...then like that they were gone.

I regularly drive between 6200-8000' and really wanted one. After TRD discontinued them I have resigned myself to using second gear when needed to climb passes...
However, I would be very willing to consider one again if they were in the $3400- 3800 range.

Do they have a date of availability set? I would need to budget!

I was about to pull the trigger via Toyota TRD for $3475. Money was a bit tight last summer and they had said they had "plenty" in stock do I waited...then like that they were gone.

Do they have a date of availability set? I would need to budget!

This. All of this right here.

Would it help the group buy if we could add the following if they are taking on TRD without the branding?

010 on FJ [seen the vehicles Toyota had running around around never saw a retail kit]
07-09 FJ [or hilux, 120 prado etc here engine]

5.7 is supposedly on the plate, 4.7 no.

5.7 most important, want one for the next truck of my own !

I think the 4.0 was mentioned but I kinda wandered off when the 1FZ came up.....:)

4.7 is not that difficult, but it needs some very specific stuff to be tuned right.

The pencil neck connecting rods on the 4.7 didnt like to have to much boost or timing at the wrong time.

I have a 4.7 supercharger sitting on my bench, but a 200 4.7 isnt appealing compared to a 5.7 LX570 with supercharger.

So out of pure curiosity (I'd have to prioritize a few more upgrades before a supercharger) what kind of performance increase is seen with a kit like this? How difficult is it to install/optimize?

installation how-to is in the FAQ at the top of the forum. Complete with PDF instructions. Performance increase should be around 30% out of the box with no tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom