Magnetic black box on rear passenger side of roof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this thing while cleaning up and I'm trying to determine if it's aftermarket or oem and what it does.im guessing gps or xm radio.

Screenshot_20200928-145158_Gallery.jpg

I would say it's likely an old aftermarket Sirius antenna. Or do you have a scorned ex spouse that's tracking you.
Lol I just bought it so maybe the previous owner.i remember something similar on my old vehicle that had xm radio but it was slightly smaller

I have the same thing. Pretty sure mines the antenna for satellite radio.
Well I kinda removed it and my gps still works so that's good.id never subscribe to satellite radio so no loss there either.

Was this a dealer installed option?

I ask because it looks like it was installed in a non-Lexus way. Cable run loosely up the rear hatch and then a black box stuck on the roof. No attempt on a professional install.

I ask because it looks like it was installed in a non-Lexus way. Cable run loosely up the rear hatch and then a black box stuck on the roof. No attempt on a professional install.
It is factory as my factory nav/radio use it for satellite radio.

Not to mention the wire looked like an old lamp cord lol

I verified what jtb517 stated. I pulled out the entire system and traced the magnetic black box to this module behind the rear passenger side trim. Luckily the entire system is installed with plug and play harnesses so there is no cutting of the factory wiring involved. Just unclip and reclip the factory stuff.

It’s a dealer installed sirius satellite radio antenna.

20201006_225739.jpg

wow... i am abdicated to Sat radio in all my vehicles and couldn’t think about removing it from the 100.

wow... i am abdicated to Sat radio in all my vehicles and couldn’t think about removing it from the 100.
I use pandora for the most part when listening to the radio. I've never subscribed to xm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom