Maglite mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Done the search thing. I've seen the aluminum mount for $21-25 :eek:

Any other mounting hardware for the D cell flashlight. Looking to mount it on the side of my CO2 tank bracket so it's easily accessible.

Same product - cheaper at first link. They metal or plastic?

Brentbba said:
Same product - cheaper at first link. They metal or plastic?

Well excuse me for not shopping for you. :flipoff2:

Also try Loews or OSH. They are plastic.

LOL! :D You always know where the great deals are tho. Thx for the heads up on the plastic.
Biff said:
Well excuse me for not shopping for you. :flipoff2:
They are plastic.

emr88 said:

I've got a Streamlight polystinger, was going to mounth it and the car charger there, but realized that there's not enough room on an 80 series.

With the door open, there appears to be plenty. When the door is shut, however, the bottom pocket on the door panel takes up that entire space.

Currenly, the flashlight and charger are just kinda wedged under the emergency brake (which is still easily operatable), still looking for a home.

The plastic maglites are ok, but will snap if you try to yank the Maglite in a hurry. Without wanting to drill into my 04, I still decided to use them and mounted them on the edge of my drivers side Husky liner. I'll have to take a pic.

CTapia said:
The plastic maglites are ok, but will snap if you try to yank the Maglite in a hurry. Without wanting to drill into my 04, I still decided to use them and mounted them on the edge of my drivers side Husky liner. I'll have to take a pic.

I tried having mine on my Husky Liner, after a few months I gave up on the idea due to me hitting my feet on the light everytime I adjusted my sitting position. Now my mag light just sits on the side of the seat, easily accessable(sp) and it does bother me. I can't blame you for not wanting to drill in a 60k rig.

Biff said:
I tried having mine on my Husky Liner, after a few months I gave up on the idea due to me hitting my feet on the light everytime I adjusted my sitting position. Now my mag light just sits on the side of the seat, easily accessable(sp) and it does bother me. I can't blame you for not wanting to drill in a 60k rig.

Biff,

On a 99 4Runner that I had, the drivers seat had a metal lower base where I drilled (4) small holes to attach the maglite mounts. Unfortunetly the leather on the LX seats covers it completely.:frown:
The maglite on the LX does not seems to get in the way, but I would like a more solid mouting solution. I'll keep thinking...:idea:

spressomon said:
I also like the looks and utility of the Quick Fists. The only thing I have not been able to determine from their website is how they attach to roof rack rails, etc. Please let me know once you get yours...

Thanks,
Dan

Yup, thanks for the info on the quickfists. I ran out and bought 10 of the little ones and two of the big (5 lb fire extiguisher) ones this afternoon. They seem really good. Two will hold a high lift no problem. The attach with any fastener up to a 1/4" bolt.

I use the quickfist and it's great. The only thing is they are a bit pricey. I use the larger ones for fire ext. and haven't yet used the smaller 2....

I wouldn't use them for Hi-Lift to tell you the truth (tho I'm sure it would be fine)... I prefer a bolt or other metal fastener for that.
Cabela's has them - might save you a buck

I have mine mounted at the front of the drivers seat "mound". Drilled through to steel and use self tapping screws. Used the black plastic clip style. It is out of site and easy to grab.

an old roommate got us some rubber cushion ones from the snap on man.

I actually went a different route - I use a Surefire G2 Nitrolon - http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/0/prrfnbr/878

It's small, so I just set it in the center console - much better light IMHO. Batteries are a little more expensive (3volt lithium), but order a box from Surefire or buy at a Surefire dealer for a little over a dollar apiece - Walmart wants $5-6!!

Good things about lithium include 10 year shelf life and MUCH better cold weather performance. As a side note, I believe Walmart sells a Brinkman light that operates on lithiums for about $10 less than the SF.

And now to something completeley different.......... ;)

maghalter0ap.jpg

70mm PVC Plumbing Pipe fixed to the Drivers door with 2 Screws, might be a redneck solution for the Trailrig but its Bulletproof and costs nearly zero.

I even use maglight Clips but for something completely different....... ;)

seilfenster4bl.jpg

keeps my Numberplate in Place until i need to take it of for winching, secured by a extra chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom