MAF connector question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I posted another thread detailing my Crank/no start condition and have come with a more specific question.

When performing this diagnostic step, I get a measurement of .5 volts. Obviously this isn't in the specified range. My question is: could this be a cause of my Crank/no start condition? Can anyone else confirm they get 9-14v when doing this measurement? Also, can anybody point me in the direction of the correct part number for the connector if it is indeed defective? I am having trouble finding it

MAF.png

MAF diagram.png

I’ve not measured voltage at that connection but I did break the connector and have to replace it. Need to look through my files to confirm, but I think the part number is 90980-11150.

I’ve not measured voltage at that connection but I did break the connector and have to replace it. Need to look through my files to confirm, but I think the part number is 90980-11150.
My connector has 5 wires and that one appears to have 4. Any chance you have another part number that could perhaps be it?

Can anyone who has a multimeter confirm? Only reason I'm asking is because I've seen errors in the FSM before and want to independently verify. I have a 1998 LC

My 99 model will start and run with the MAF unplugged. It doesn't run as smoothly as it should run. However, it will run with the MAF unplugged.

My 99 model will start and run with the MAF unplugged. It doesn't run as smoothly as it should run. However, it will run with the MAF unplugged.
Ok I tried it without it being plugged in and still not starting. Very odd problem I'm having here 🧱🧱🧱

There’s a gold mine from @abuck99 in that thread!

Same with my 01 LX.

Ok I tried it without it being plugged in and still not starting. Very odd problem I'm having here 🧱🧱🧱
I have a 98 it will not start with maf disconnected. It maybe the diagram is wrong . I have 9v on the 4th pin from the right 0 on the 4th pin from the left. I hope this helps. Rich

Did you check the engine immobilizer fuse?
You can check whether the ECU is getting proper power by checking the voltages at the coolant temp sensor that has two wires. With key on, one wire should show 5 V (sensor-wire) and the other is zero (ground/signal wire). Use an ordinary multimeter with two wire prongs and nothing else. See 3:40 to 4:00 mark at

Another good video by Scanner Danner :

Last edited:
I was going to clean my maf today so thought I would check voltages for you. procedure remove neg cable, disconnect maf connector, attach neg cable. Pins left to right pin 2 =9v. had a request for voltage on pin 3. Went out and removed maf connector pin 3= 11.98v pin 2= 5v. pin 2 dropped from 9 to 5v. what the h. Started the lx, check engine light, dumb ---. I didn't disconnect the battery so ecm says maf problem and dropped pin 2 voltage.

Last edited:
OP, do you have the correct voltage at pin 3?
Yes I do, about 12 volts. I've determined my problem to be a little more serious than a bad MAF and connector (both of which I changed). My engine seems to be running "backwards" since their is suction at the tail pipe and gas is blowing OUT of the intake. Timing seems to be 180° out even though Ive never even touched anything timing related. Wtf

I was going to clean my maf today so thought I would check voltages for you. procedure remove neg cable, disconnect maf connector, attach neg cable. Pins left to right pin 2 =9v. had a request for voltage on pin 3. Went out and removed maf connector pin 3= 11.98v pin 2= 5v. pin 2 dropped from 9 to 5v. what the h. Started the lx, check engine light, dumb ---. I didn't disconnect the battery so ecm says maf problem and dropped pin 2 voltage.
Thanks for this, I've determined the sensor and connector are not the issue since I can blow on the sensor and get a proper air flow reading

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom