MAF Bolt on exhaust or local shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just installed the MAF 6 to 1 headers and now need the rest of the exhaust. I called a good local muffler shop and they said 250 or so for the exhaust and a performance muffler. MAF has the bolt on kit for 175 plus shipping.

Does anyone have the bolt on? Have you had any problems? Is it worth the extra 50 bucks or so to have a welded exhaust versus bolt on?

Thanks

shipping

you'll will probably pay at least $50 in shipping anyways. and i called maf to ask about the muffler, it is not a performance muffler just a cheapo to throw in with the kit. go with the shop that way you can also have it run wherever you want.

i've got the MAF

high flow cat back set up in my 60.
bolted right up and very pleased with the performance. :)

I spoke with man-a-fre about their bolt on exhaust a few years back and the sales rep (can't recall his name) actually told me they discontinued their kits because of poor quality. Of course I have a 79 so mine would be totally different. I had a custom system made for mine, around 200 bucks I recall with a 40 series flowmaster. Sounds pretty mean, and it's all tucked up tight to the body.

Great thanks for the input guys. seems like the way to go is the local shop so I can know for sure what I'm getting and set it up how I want.

The muffler that comes in the kit is actually a factory Toyota one. I love genuine Toyota parts, but they didnt make the best muffler for the 40. If it was my vehicle, I would get the custom exhaust, only because it is custom, and you can have whatever you like. The bolt-on kit for the 6>1 headers is a nice cheap replacement, but definately not performance minded....

Steve

I'm fairly happy with my Man-A-Fre exhaust. The fit at the header is not the best and you WILL have to rig a few washers to bolt it down. I think the chrome headers were like $175 and I bought it when the offered free shipping. I then paid about $65.00 at a local shop to run the rest of the way out with a low tune glass pack. ANYTHING is better than the stock exhaust with the emissions restrictor plate for performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom