MAF 3" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welp, finally set my mind on this setup. It will be on my door on Thursday or Friday this week. Those of you know about this lift or have it, any special instruction/notes/anomaly on installation? I am planning on isntalling it myself. I hope the coils and the shocks will be pretty easy. Haven't figured out yet what I'm gonna do about the bushings. Don't have a press tool and don't want to buy one. Maybe I will just take the control arms off and take'em to the local shop. Any MUD member(s) in the area willing to help with the installation? Please PM me or post up. Any help would be MUCH and GREATLY appreciated.

Also, has any of you installed additional components with this lift? Such as Sway bars' drop brackets and or bump stops extensions etc..

Thanks

Riad said:
Also, has any of you installed additional components with this lift? Such as Sway bars' drop brackets and or bump stops extensions etc..

Thanks

Is it an OME lift, heavy, J?

Tools R Us said:
Is it an OME lift, heavy, J?

I think so. MAF calls it (as you may know) OMEKIT-80J. I know the whole debate about there's no 3" lift, it's either 2.5" or 3.5"..etc. I think I asked the same question to Steve or some one else over the phone and they told me the same thing.

i did this last summer. j springs and l shocks all around, i installed slee's drop blocks for front and rear sway bars as well as extended the brake lines with ss lines. i have had no problems looks and rides great a little stink bug stance but will fix it when i put more weight in the front. good luck
Jerome

Well, got tired of shopping around for a castor bushing installation and got my self on of these. Works like a champ!!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=1666

01666.gif

A 6-ton press worked for you? I thought you needed more tonnage.

So far

On my 97 80 series.

OME J springs
OME L shocks
OME castor correction bushings
Slee adjustable panhards
Slee 2" drop bump stop kit
Slee 2" drop sway bar kit
Man-a-fre 4" extended stianless brake lines

I'm running 315/75/16 BFG Mud TA's with no rubbing or clearance issues so far.

In the future I do plane to install Slee's 6" springs, control arms, driveshafts, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom