Madison, WI - 2018 Land Cruiser "Tiny" - Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Feels good to be back in the Cruiser family and back on the forum. When I had my 100 series a couple of years back this forum was an invaluable resource. I am busy consuming the amazing 200 series content on the forum as I formulate a plan/next steps for the rig. Many more details to come.

Details:
  • Purchase Date - November 2021
  • Year - 2018
  • Mileage - 74,000
  • Exterior - Blizzard Pearl
  • Interior - Terra
  • Origin - Colorado
Modifications when purchased:
  • ARB Summit Front Bumper
  • Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights - Amber
  • Warn Evo 12-S Winch w/Synthetic Rope
  • Factor 55 Fairlead and Ultra Hook
  • ARB Skid Plates
  • OME BP-51 w/2722 coils
  • SPC Upper Control Arms
  • Timbren Bumpstops
  • Black Rhino Bullhead Wheels 18x9
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers (285/70/R18)
  • Safari Snorkel
  • Sy-Klone Series 9001 Pre-Cleaner
  • Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform mounted with the Backbone mounts (107 x 58)
1641835302727.png

1641834795319.jpeg

Instagram: Login • Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bigfoot_motors/

Last edited:
Great “starting point” for a build! 💪

Was this previously owned by “LC200Colorado” on IG?

Now that I've had it for a couple of months I'm getting it up to my daily spec and working for the family
  • Wired up the winch and unbolted part of the ARB winch cover for easier access
  • Put the 3rd row back in and cut the existing WeatherTech mat so the third row could fold down
  • BH3D Printing - cup holder inserts.
  • ProClip phone mount with a WixGear Stick on Magnet. Would highly recommend. Does a great job with an iPhone 13 Pro Max and is perfect for daily use and doesn't take up windshield space. Will be running the same setup this summer on my E30 and E39.
  • Replaced OEM battery w/Costco Interstate battery. Cheap solution during battery shortage seeing as that I'm planning to replace it when I move to a dual battery setup.
  • 3M 20% tint on the front windows
  • Full interior detail. Really helped with buildup on the rear seats
  • Winter Tires - Michlin X-Ice Snow Tires (285/60R18)
  • Mounts for the toddler's devices during road trips. Cheap and effective for now.
  • Other kid stuff for road trips
1641854530359.png

1641854569515.png

Great “starting point” for a build! 💪

Was this previously owned by “LC200Colorado” on IG?
Yes. Was previously owned by LC200Colorado.

I was gonna say, this truck looks familiar lol. Congrats on the new rig, it's nicely setup and a looker for sure.

This is a great looking truck! Glad I found this thread! Looking at your IG posts you have a Bimmer bug too! I am on the west side of Madison with 2 100 series.
I would like to invite you (and @Wisluggo ) to come say hi at our local club page:

Minor updates:

Agency6 - Tow hitch shackle for when I eventually get stuck in a snow bank. Should match nicely with upcoming front recovery points.
1642784017052.png

Removed the ARB clear fog light covers. A before and after:
1642783964643.png

Some back seat protection from those toddler feet:
1642784108156.png

This is a great looking truck! Glad I found this thread! Looking at your IG posts you have a Bimmer bug too! I am on the west side of Madison with 2 100 series.
I would like to invite you (and @Wisluggo ) to come say hi at our local club page:

We should plan a cruiser Madison meetup when things settle down.

We should plan a cruiser Madison meetup when things settle down.
A socially "responsible" coffee and cars would be a great idea! I am planning to start a new thread in the WI club and will tag you so you know.

The snow tires didnt work out so I'm back on the Nitto Grapplers while I get a second set of wheels and purchase some Nokian Hakka R3s.

While it was a warm 25 degrees I did the easiest upgrade possible...5 minutes tops. Front ARB Recovery Points!

Lastly, planning for a phase 1 build continues and soon I'll start ordering parts so that I'm ready when the weather is warm enough to avoid frost bite.

1643313964532.jpeg

Where are you sourcing the Nokians from? I have been on the looking for a set but haven't found them in stock anywhere!

Where are you sourcing the Nokians from? I have been on the looking for a set but haven't found them in stock anywhere!
Not 100% sure yet but I just bought some for the Outback from Amazon. ~$30 cheaper per tire than Discount Tires and then I'll just take it to a shop for mounting.

Just looked it up and it appears Amazon has them...through a 3rd party but its free shipping and $285/tire.

Nice looking truck, and best color! I have that same color, but with black interior. The terra is very nice...

Phase 1 build research and purchasing is underway. I've been working on mocking up some of the upcoming changes as they come in. Lots more to come as parts slowly arrive. I'd love the opportunity to run my ideas by others especially those that have done their own builds.

Arrived:
  • SLEE Switch-Pros mount
  • SLEE main battery upgrade kit + terminals
  • SLEE ARB compressor mounting bracket
  • STEDI Rock Lights for roof rack and underhood lights
  • Odyssey Group 31 battery
Waiting on:
  • Kaon Maxtrax Side Mount for Rhino Rack
  • PowerTrays
  • Switch-Pro
  • LP9 Pro - Amber
  • Eaton's Bussmann Series LMI AMI/MIDI fuse holders
Still researching:
  • Liftgate lights
  • Lexus card key
  • Wiring details (this is a big one)
  • USB in-car power
  • Dedicated winter wheels and tires
  • Recovery gear

1645635778079.jpeg

1645635859590.jpeg

Wow, that's bright. I like it!

As parts slowly arrive I'm learning, testing, and implementing them. Unfortunately, the next month is mostly waiting for back ordered parts to come in. Luckily the snow has melted, salt has washed off of the road and the summer cars can come out to play.

SLEE main battery upgrade:
1647890438212.png

Started wiring prep for the various lights (heat gun didnt work so heat shrink is just on there for now):
1647890561873.png

Tested Rock/Camping lights thow/color:
1647890697824.png

Lastly unmounted the drivers Baja Designs Fog Light to send in for a warranty fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom