Madison, WI - 2018 Land Cruiser "Tiny" - Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Winter setup is all bolted up and ready for some cold and snow. I'll be adding the TPMS sensors using TechStream as a second set.

I went with the following:
  • Tires: Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT 3 LT275/70R18
  • Wheels: Black Tundra Steel Wheels
  • TPMS: Denso Tire Pressure Monitoring System Sensor - 550-0106 (normal 2016+ TPMS sensors)

1667441980780.png

Unless my memory is mush, Techstream doesn't allow for a second set of TPMS. To run two sets of TPMS, it may be worthwhile to write down the sensor ids, or screenshot the TPMS config pages in Techstream, before overwriting your summer set.

Unless my memory is mush, Techstream doesn't allow for a second set of TPMS. To run two sets of TPMS, it may be worthwhile to write down the sensor ids, or screenshot the TPMS config pages in Techstream, before overwriting your summer set.
Yep, Charlie is right.. You will want to get aftermarket TPMS sensors that are cloneable. We like the NAPA ones, You can program them with any of the mid-level Snapon tools. Good advice. write those sensor IDs down first too

So far had a couple of small snowfalls and the tires have been amazing.

View attachment 3174591
View attachment 3174592
I love winter tires on cruisers, make them a almost unstoppable. Let us know how they do in the really nasty stuff.
I recently put a new set of Blizzards that have been phenomenal so far. And they are much quieter and smoother than the Ridge Grapplers I use in sunmer

Iv got mine directly connected to the battery. I need to find a cut-off switch that I might be able to incorporate that fits the rest of the electronics.
Look at battery disconnect switchs such as from Blue Sea and BEP

Nice work! Unfortunately, it's not that easy (on a 2016+ because of the variable voltage), we have to grab the signal from all the doors/hatch and use diodes / solid state relays to make that door light trick work.
Very interesting, would love to do this.

@varun bhargava did you ever figure it out?

Looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom