Machine shop in Georgia for resurfacing my manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks! I am looking for a machine shop in the Atlanta area to resurface my manifold. @BGarcia88FJ62 and I pulled them of my 60 yesterday when desmoging. I want to have them resurfaced, new gaskets, etc.

I've called around to a few machine shop that were recommended to me by a friend but they all seem skiddish about doing a manifold and want me to bring it by to see if they can do it.

Before I bring it everywhere I thought I would check with you and see if any of you have good experiences with a shop in the area that has resurfaced your manifold.

Thanks for your help!

3 suggestions,
1) Napa in downtown atlanta, I think Pryor street, did my fj40 20 years ago, and I'm not sure if they still so machining.
2) Carroll's in athens, they did a few of my engines, not manifolds
3) buy one that does not need machining...I happem to have a set. Ha!

I had exceptional workmanship and service from
Goza Auto Parts & Machine Shop

(770) 974-2088
Full machine and overhaul service available. If you want it done right with results to last, take it to Goza.

Good luck
Thanks @LDowney! It looks like you have a big fleet of land cruisers. I'm in Marietta and I would love to come up your way some time and see them.

I'll give Goza a call. Did you had them do your manifold too? It seems like so many of these machine shops are hesitant to do that.

Thanks again!

Call Brian and Michael over at ACC Toyota and use whoever they use. They'll know all the good and bad places around and will be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks @LDowney! It looks like you have a big fleet of land cruisers. I'm in Marietta and I would love to come up your way some time and see them.

I'll give Goza a call. Did you had them do your manifold too? It seems like so many of these machine shops are hesitant to do that.

Thanks again!

Goza overhauled my 2F last year, so they did all the machining (block, head, polish & balancing of crank, ...). I don't recall my intake or exhaust manifolds requiring any machine work to true up. It is my understanding that Goza is the only machine shop in the metro area that can grind/polish/balance a crank in-house; other shops ship such work out of state. If you know anyone that is into very high performance dragsters or other racing, they will probably have experience with or know of Goza's reputation.

Stopping by would be great. Right know ... you probably won't be very impressed. My shop is in chaos, but that is my fault for not finding enough time.

Hey Georgia Cruisers... I wanted to circle back on this in case any of you need a machine shop to resurface your manifold in the future.

I called all of the shops you all mentioned in this thread and quickly learned that many great machine shops do not have an interest or the correct tools to resurface manifolds. So they all said that they couldn't do it.

I then remember that ACC sends their heads to Jackson at Not on Main St. in Sugar Hill. I talked to Jackson and he said he couldn't do it and ACC sends them somewhere else and he didn't know where.

I called Brian at ACC and he was kind enough to tell me that Napa on Covington Hwy in Lavonia has done about 100 for them and that they do a great job. So I called Steve at the Napa machine shop and he said bring it in! Music to my ears.

I had him put heliocoils in where the two manifolds meet and he put the gaskets and the plate separator in there too. $130 later I had a manifold that look like new.

@BGarcia88FJ62 helped me get it all back together and it is ruining like dream. So if you need your manifold resurfaced give Steve at Napa a call and he can give you the hook up.

I hope to meet you guys soon at the next meet up and hit some trails with you in the future!

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom