1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac users using Vitural PC

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by powderpig, Aug 14, 2005.

1. powderpig

powderpig SILVER Star

Hey guys I would like some feed back on what you may think of running vitural PC on your MAC. I love my mac enviroment and have software and knowledge base on the MAC. But there is some software that only runs on Window based machines. So here is my question, have you been happy running Vitural PC on your mac and what problems have you encountered. I soon will either be getting another Mac laptop or getting a PC laptop and I am torn some as to what to get. Thanks for your thoughts. later robbie

2. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

I have had really good results using the system 9 version. I was running proprietary image analysis software, not really any consumer software. I have even run that off of X, while in simulation of 9. That did not go so well, it did work. I haven't had a reason yet to update my old virtual PC.

Ross

3. rgsiii

rgsiii SILVER Star

Some applications have done really well and others are unable to run. Oziexplorer was supposed to work with virtual PC and on two of mine does not.

Some Windows based ballistic programs did very well with Virtual PC.